Lakemaster or Navionics?

I’m getting my new to me Phoenix and it’s has 2 helix’s should I get Lakemaster or Navionics.. my old boat had Navionics with my Lowrance so not sure and pros and cons ?
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

Download the Lakemaster list for Mid Atlantic to see if your waters are included. Look for the ones designated as Lakemaster High Definition Survey.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Also take a look at the Navionics WebApp where you can see all the lakes you fish, though you probably have experience with those lakes and Navionics. I would definitely recommend Navionics due to their coverage, but it all depends on where you fish.

https://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=e...key=sftuEjnagO

4. Member
    I just bought the LakeMaster Plus card for the MidAtlantic States. If you live in NC BEWARE as there are NO MAPPED LAKES
    West of L. James. At the least L. Fontana, L. Santeetlah, L. Nantahala, and L. Hiwassee are not on the card.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    "IF" your lakes are on the Lakemaster card, you will love Lakemaster over Navionics. I used Navionics for years when i ran Lowrance units. When I switched over to Humminbirds I also switch over to Lakemaster and with its color coding system, it makes it so much easier to find humps, and underwater depth changes with just a glance of the map.
    Navionics is a great mapping system no doubt, but I now prefer Lakemaster.
    I am very luck living in Alabama that Lakemaster covers every lake I fish on and most in HD.

6. Member
    It's worth noting that if you have an iPilot Link trolling motor, the follow-the-contour feature does not work with Navionics. Although once you've mapped the floor with AutoChart Live, you can use FTC.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfish_Jones View Post
    "IF" your lakes are on the Lakemaster card, you will love Lakemaster over Navionics. I used Navionics for years when i ran Lowrance units. When I switched over to Humminbirds I also switch over to Lakemaster and with its color coding system, it makes it so much easier to find humps, and underwater depth changes with just a glance of the map.
    Navionics is a great mapping system no doubt, but I now prefer Lakemaster.
    I am very luck living in Alabama that Lakemaster covers every lake I fish on and most in HD.
    If the choice was Lakemaster Non-HD or Navionics whats the sentiment? My primary lake is Non-HD so Navionics for now. Haven't seen what a Lakemaster map looks like in Non HD.

Quote Originally Posted by joebasscat View Post
    If the choice was Lakemaster Non-HD or Navionics whats the sentiment? My primary lake is Non-HD so Navionics for now. Haven't seen what a Lakemaster map looks like in Non HD.
    Non HD is mapping that does not have 1' contours. Same as Navionics has.

If you did a Helix software update that included the Humminbird Basemap, you would have non-HD Lakemaster now.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

This is the same location with Lakemaster High Definition Survey and Basemap:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coontie57 View Post
    I just bought the LakeMaster Plus card for the MidAtlantic States. If you live in NC BEWARE as there are NO MAPPED LAKES
    West of L. James. At the least L. Fontana, L. Santeetlah, L. Nantahala, and L. Hiwassee are not on the card.
    Goto SC. That's where I go. Keowee, Hartwell Jocassee Murray, Russell are on it. Fontana in on my card I must have a newer version
    Allison XB 2002, 2.5 280

11. Member
    I use both. It is nice and beneficial to have the 2 points of reference. I have Navionics on my phone as well. Still neither will replace some of the old paper maps
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

I like the Lakemaster maps but I do wish they would do a few more lakes in KY. My local lakes are not on the lakemaster so I also have a navionics card for when I need it.

13. Member
    I really prefer the lakemaster maps with the color coding. Like some of the folks above, I had navionics in my last several graphs. Switched to lakemaster because I got an ulterra, and now that I did that I can overlay my AC pro maps on top of the lakemaster maps, and I can use the color coding, and ftc..

For me, whether a lake is mapped or not isn't a huge deal. Just spend the few bucks on autochart pc or autochart pro and record your sonar every time you go out. Eventually you'll have all the detail you could ever want from every lake you fish. It's great.

14. Member
    Great info guys I’m still haveing trouble locating the list of lakes for the Lakemaster for the north region on hummingbird.com Anyone have the link ..
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Non HD is mapping that does not have 1' contours. Same as Navionics has.

If you did a Helix software update that included the Humminbird Basemap, you would have non-HD Lakemaster now.
    Ha Ha! Good point. Yes I have the Base Map currently. Been out with my new units once and was happy just to have the Navionics up and running. Checking other stuff out and never got to a base map comparison. Haven’t been able to figure out how to change the mapping in simulation mode in the garage. Thanks for posting the comparison.

16. Bob G's pool boy
    I have a Helix 12 and it doesn't even remotely keep up with the Lakemaster chip. If you want to zoom in or out, it takes about 8 seconds to redraw. Detail is amazing but the redraw speed is frustrating to say the least.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

17. Member
    I have had the Navionics map for my home lake since 2005 and it was great. Needed Lakemaster for I-pilot link but it takes forever for Lakemaster to get to lakes. Got Lakemaster last year ( actually exact map Wayne just posted ) great map. Look in chart select for your lakes in HD. If not there just use the free base map. Another thing I never see mentioned is the depth colors are backwards for Navionics ( deep is white, shallow blue ) Lakemaster ( deep is dark blue, shallow is white ). As a longtime Navionics user this was hard for me to wrap my head around when running. Although Lakemaster does give you the color shading you can use to highlight humps and such.