Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good Grief! Now they’re popping up like weeds!

Thank you, Pat!

So finally got the Boat back on the water today. Second time on the water with a 25 Trophy Plus, first time it blew out real easy, this time after installing four solid plugs it still blows out but it happens now just as the bow is coming down from the hole shot. Send it out to get it worked or just get the 26?

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    So finally got the Boat back on the water today. Second time on the water with a 25 Trophy Plus, first time it blew out real easy, this time after installing four solid plugs it still blows out but it happens now just as the bow is coming down from the hole shot. Send it out to get it worked or just get the 26?
    Does the prop have the black plastic ring installed on it? If not, get one and then you can start playing with the plugs.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

Not familar with that ring but here’s a pic and I’m assuming the ring goes between the front of the prop and the lower unit?

5. Banned
    Yes; forces the exhaust out the prop instead of letting it go over. Called a blowout ring, also heard it called a weed ring.

6. Member

Is this a Mercury part?

Never mind I think I got it. At first Mercury said they didn’t make "Blowout/Cavitation Rings" for motors as big as the 250 ProXS. Then he found something called a "Prop Seal Ring" for the Trophy Plus 26 it’s part# 878421. Snapped right on, not enough time to test it as I'm in the final stages of packing up for a trip to the TOC...

So thank you my Champion friends once again!

p.s. Hmmmmm, thinking this over I’ll bet that part# will fit a whole bunch of other props too as the ring has to snug up close to the backend of the lower unit to seal off most of the exhaust gases.
    Last edited by BigMouth; 10-01-2018 at 05:52 PM.

9. Member
    I have a B & B 26 Trophy I use to run on my boat last year...Mark Croxton did the work and pressed on a cav ring.... I would take 425 for it ran my 203 with 225 EFI at 71.4....loaded 69.6 ...I can sen you some pics I probably put 650 into it...
    Darrell Shull
    Prosperity, SC
    2021 Charger 210 Elite , 2023 Mercury V8 250 Pro XS

For what its worth. I just posted a 26 trophy in the "props" area of the swap meet. It has the cavitation ring. 7 out of 10 for $325 shipped.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=934696
    Last edited by sodaksker; 10-02-2018 at 11:05 AM. Reason: addded link
    "heard it in a love song.........can't be wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by BigMouth View Post
    Never mind I think I got it. At first Mercury said they didn’t make "Blowout/Cavitation Rings" for motors as big as the 250 ProXS. Then he found something called a "Prop Seal Ring" for the Trophy Plus 26 it’s part# 878421. Snapped right on, not enough time to test it as I'm in the final stages of packing up for a trip to the TOC...

So thank you my Champion friends once again!

p.s. Hmmmmm, thinking this over I’ll bet that part# will fit a whole bunch of other props too as the ring has to snug up close to the backend of the lower unit to seal off most of the exhaust gases.
    The blow out ring is mainly for the Trophy . The Trophy is a narrow barrel prop. You can see your Tempest doesn't have the large gap from the lower unit's exhaust housing that the Trophy has. You had tons of exhaust flowing over the prop without the blow out ring and open vent holes. You're going to have to play with the plugs now that you have installed the blow out ring and solid plugs in all the holes. You'll especially notice it when you power load your boat on the trailer.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

12. Member
    I run a 26 Trophy on my 203 with a Merc 250 and like it best. I also have a Tempest 26 for my backup prop.

Sweet, thanks guys looking at those T'26's but just had to drop $600+ on new batteries as mine were testing bad!

14. Member
    Does going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop necessitate a lower pitch, and vice-versa?

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman92 View Post
    Does going from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop necessitate a lower pitch, and vice-versa?

Sometimes, depends on the prop.

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I would say, yes...for more often than not.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman92 View Post
    Usually one pitch lower for a 4 blade.

For instance I have a 25P Tempest and a 24P four blade and they both run the same RPM at full throttle. So in most case this is the difference.

18. Member
    I have read a watched great reviews on the new Fury 4. It has 8 vent plugs. Mike Rose is running one on a 198 Elite 225 Pro Xs in a 26p. He is low to mid 70's GPS. I am runnin the Trophy Plus and its a great prop as well.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12