Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

R & R Slide lock pedestals

There was a post someplace a few weeks ago where someone had this style made for them, does anyone remember who made them? I can’t remember if I read that post on here or on Facebook.

I ordered mine from R&R last year I think.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass101 View Post
    I ordered mine from R&R last year I think.

Special made for you?

I think they had them in stock? Just regular stock pedestals.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    There have been several posts on here over the last year or so that R&R Design no longer produced them although they still mention them on their web site (http://www.rnrd.com/marine-products/pedestals/). I've not had the need to personally verify. I'm living the 1.75" vs 1.77" nightmare. My previous Champs had Taper Lock and a variation thereof.

http://www.rnrd.com/marine-products/pedestals/

6. Banned
    Reggie, is the one with the block base that slides into a groove in the floor. Then when you tighten down the pedestal it makes the base tighter.

I know im not being a great help, but it’s for my buddies 1994 or 1995 190elite. So I don’t have very good details of it since I never really paid any attention to his pedestals.

Heck it might not even be R&R. I just remember that someone the other day had one these for sale. I better get him to take some pics of it before I order him the wrong part.

7. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=430264

This was posted awhile back. Not sure if it will help, but it's all I can remember seeing recently.

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Reggie, is the one with the block base that slides into a groove in the floor. Then when you tighten down the pedestal it makes the base tighter.

I know im not being a great help, but it’s for my buddies 1994 or 1995 190elite. So I don’t have very good details of it since I never really paid any attention to his pedestals.

Heck it might not even be R&R. I just remember that someone the other day had one these for sale. I better get him to take some pics of it before I order him the wrong part.
    Yes, the R&R Slide & Lock has a square block on the bottom. And they were used on the mid to late 90s Champs. I've not seen one in person, so can't tell you how it works. There's a picture on this thread. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....mp%3BR+terrell I found quite a few more threads discussing them and possibly some pix, but they're from 2011 and BBC was on a different host back then. Pictures didn't make the trip when Al switched to this forum.

Lea's link also has some good shots of them.

9. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    As near as I can tell from brochure photos, they were in 94 and 95 models only. If anyone has this type in a different year, pls let us know. 96 brochure appears to show Snap-Lock, and I think 93 had Taper-Lock, tho not positive there.. 93 Brochure photos are difficult to tell...

This is what I have on my 1994 190. I bought new ones from R&R.

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bass101 View Post
    This is what I have on my 1994 190. I bought new ones from R&R.

Sweet, thank you! And thank all the rest of the gang too, I figured these babies were dead to the world.!

The 24" gas post from R&R are $125 per.

13. Member
    That is what is on my 98 Fishunter. I did by some replacements for R and R a few years back. I need a new one. My butt seat one has crossed threaded again. Hope they are still making them.

14. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    98 models had Snap-Lock style. Very surprised you have Slide n Lock on your Fishunter!!!!

Not Champion, but Cajuns used the Slide & Lock pedestal bases in the mid '90s too.
    An alternative is a Springfield 3/4" non-threaded pedestal pole - it will fit in the hole in the R&R Designs base plate. That's what I use for rear-deck bike seat. Only con is doesn't tighten down, so it will rotate.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=903426

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Sweet, thank you! And thank all the rest of the gang too, I figured these babies were dead to the world.!
    Let us know if you have any luck with R&R, Mike

Friend just got one from R&R a little while ago. Had to wait for a week or two because they were out and they manufacture in batches but didn’t have much of a problem getting it.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Let us know if you have any luck with R&R, Mike
    I passed the info on to my friend, I get tired of having to do this stuff for him all the time. Now he has new boat fever, so I don’t know if he’s going to call them or not.

19. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Sounds like he needs lessons in how to research things for himself! Tell him to join BBC!

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea View Post
    Sounds like he needs lessons in how to research things for himself! Tell him to join BBC!

He acts like he is too stupid to use the Internet, but yet he can place thousands of dollars worth of orders from tackle warehouse with no problem. I’ll end up calling for him, I can already tell; because I know he doesn’t want to spend $50k on a new boat.

He does browse this page on occasion, but he won’t join because he thinks he will get his phone hacked somehow. He’s goofy like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast