Thread: humminbird site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    According the email that I just received it will work for now but will be offered no longer?? That's not good for the upper tier units.
    That's what I am reading also - I will ask again, but it sounds like no more 2 yr. which is not going to be good....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I also received the Humminbird email which was sent out today. This email should have gone out last week as a "we are making these changes" not "we made these changes". I think it really stinks that they made the changes over the weekend and took the old site down with no warning. I really thought there was some sort of a web issue and I kept trying to access the site through the weekend.

Although they tried to put a positive "spin" on the email, I don't see much positive with the possible exception of being able to download updates without having to have the unit registered. Most of the changes are not good news for the high end consumer.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I tried posting the contents of the email for those who may not have received it but the blasted "Server Error" issue with this Forum is preventing me from doing it. It seems like any kind of post outside of a few lines or simple paragraphs bombs off these days.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

4. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

5. Banned

We are very excited to let you know about exciting changes we have made to our website. For the last several months, we have been working behind the scenes on redesigning the Humminbird website in order to enhance your experience. The goal was to make it easier for you to find answers to questions you have about Humminbird fish finders, navigation, sonar, imaging and mapping solutions. We are pleased to announce the site has relaunched and we encourage you to visit!

Changes to MyHumminbird

One improvement we were able to accomplish was to make it easier for our existing customers to locate and download software updates for their fish finders and accessories. We did this by eliminating the need for customers to register their product(s) and then sign-in via a myHumminbird account to get software updates. Instead, you can now locate all our latest software updates at any time under the Support menu at the top of the page.

In turn, by making these files public, it eliminated the need for us to continue the support of myHumminbird.
    For those of you who previously registered products and had a myHumminbird account, this will be a big change and you may have some questions. To assist those who were used to visiting myHumminbird we have created a myHumminbird FAQ page to assist and direct you to the right location. If you bookmarked the myHumminbird page, you will automatically be redirected to the FAQ page as well.

Changes to Humminbird Select

Another change we have made as a result of the new website is the elimination of Humminbird Select, our program designed around our premium fish finders such as the HELIX 12/10/9 Series and our SOLIX Series. As you may recall, purchasing and registering one of these select models entitled you to a unique 1-800 number for service calls and an additional year of warranty on your products. Rest assured, if you have an eligible product and there’s still time on the 2-year warranty, nothing will change. You can still call-in using that number and our customer service representatives will be able to look up your eligible products.

Thanks again for your continued support of Humminbird. It’s an exciting time for us, with groundbreaking technologies and new models continuously being introduced. We look forward to helping you improve your time on the water, and making it easier to execute any future software updates.

6. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

7. Banned
    im happy with the change. it was a pain having to log in just to download an update

8. Member
    I am more concerned about the warranty than the website. I am hoping they will give all units a two year warranty. If not that is not the case that would give Humminbird one of the shortest warranties and that is not good

9. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    The loss of future 2 year's warranty I'm not a fan of.
    With Lowrance giving 2 years on even the low end models is going to cause a loss in customer base.
    I sure hope customer service is available as it was.
    I have a 10MSI on order and I liked having a warranty that was usually decent enough I could run it for a few seasons and not have to worry.
    We'll see Troy...
    Last edited by sfw1960; 05-28-2018 at 03:38 PM.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

10. Banned
    oh i see. yea i agree on the warranty. i update every year though so im different then most.

11. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    oh i see. yea i agree on the warranty. i update every year though so im different then most.
    Yeah - some guys run the same units forever, I like to get new when I can - and run them a few seasons (or less).

I guess if I had your money, I'd use mine to light the campfire.

I am pretty sure this won't be good for sales if the warranty is "just a year" and "too bad"...

I wonder if the long running support is going to tossed out the window also?

NOT GOOD.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

12. Banned
    here is your answer

Units will have a one year warranty. Current users of a Humminbird Select unit does not lose out on their added HBS warranty.

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    here is your answer

Units will have a one year warranty. Current users of a Humminbird Select unit does not lose out on their added HBS warranty.
    Yep - a few emails were exchanged Y/D.

Poo............................................... .............
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

14. Banned
    here is your answer

That is not good at all. I,m not surprised though as the continual bargain hunting by consumers has to show up somewhere. I wouldn’t be surprised if CS started going downhill too.

Top tier units are going to be a tough sell with a one year warranty when the competition is offering two or three times as much.

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Even an additional purchase warranty would be nice....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    Even an additional purchase warranty would be nice....
    I keep thinking there has to be more to this.

17. Member
    This truly bites for us "Up North" guys that have to deal with iced in lakes for 6 months, crappy weather for a month in advance and a month after ice out, compared to the guys that can fish all year in short sleeves..Maybe they should just give everyone a 100 hour warranty on the unit like I get ... :)

18. Member
    Ordered and paid for 2-Helix 12s on 5/14, received them on 5/21. A 2 year warranty was advertised at the time of purchase. I guess I have a phone call to make.

Dropping the 2 year warranty is a BIG mistake. Hope they re-think this.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

20. Member
    Can't say that I'm getting a very positive impression about the way this was handles. I purchased a couple of Helix 10 MEGA units in January but didn't get them installed until May. I registered both units on MyHumminbird (along with my Ulterra). I never received the 1-800 number for the Humminbird Select program, so I have no idea what the warranty length or status is on my units. A week ago I received my AutoChart Pro program and tried to register it. The registration link wanted the serial number. I didn't know where to locate the S/N so assumed it was one of the two numbered installations that the program can be installed, so entered that number. At the conclusion, I didn't see anything indicating that the registration had taken, so went to MyHumminbird to verify all the product registrations and found that the page no longer existed. I called HB Customer Service and explained the situation. I was told that the registered equipment page was no longer available, but she offered to look up the AC Pro program to see if it registered properly. She could only verify that the program was a valid issue, but could not see where it was registered to me. I told her that I had used one of the two numbers listed for installation as the S/N. She told me that I needed to use the activation code as the S/N. She also mentioned that the website is still being worked on as there were some things that she still couldn't see. I hung up and tried to register AC Pro again using the activation code, but the field length limited the number of characters to something less than the length of the activation code. I sent off an E-Mail to Customer Service detailing my problem with registration with AC Pro and rec'd the following:

Thank you for contacting Humminbird and we appreciate your support of our products. AutoChart software programs and other Humminbird products no longer require registration or sign-in to access software updates. Simply click the link below and scroll down to SOFTWARE UPDATES FOR ACCESSORIES & MAPPLING to get the free software. The new Humminbird website was designed to be more user friendly and now the updates are public.

From that response, I gather that you no longer have to register AutoChart Pro. I don't buy it! How do they know the warranty period if you don't register the product. In summary, I don't seem to be able to register AC Pro, verify my registered products, or know the warranty status of my registered products with regard to the Humminbird Select program. Guess it's time to get on the phone with HB Customer Service and request an E-Mail detailing the status of my registered products, and verification that registration of AC Pro is no longer required.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast