Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Not to get away from pheonix because that was not what this post is about, but that ranger is not defeatured, it has 2 power pole blades and a gen 3 carbon 12 and 9 , I like the pheonix and would like to get one but just trying to talk myself into it and was wondering about any issues, I do see a lot more 1-2 yr old pheonix up for sale then any other brand and I kinda worry about resale value because of the used ones flooding the market
    Seen lots of 1 to 2 year old boats for sale on just about all the for sale pages here on BBC. Lots of guys are fortunate enough to buy and sell every year to two years.
    Last edited by kungfu37; 05-17-2018 at 12:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    2017 921proxp 250 SHO

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Not to get away from pheonix because that was not what this post is about, but that ranger is not defeatured, it has 2 power pole blades and a gen 3 carbon 12 and 9 , I like the pheonix and would like to get one but just trying to talk myself into it and was wondering about any issues, I do see a lot more 1-2 yr old pheonix up for sale then any other brand and I kinda worry about resale value because of the used ones flooding the market
    You are not comparing like models. The cheapest 21' Ranger is a 521c. The cheapest 21' Phoenix is a 721.

3. Member
    I've got a 2016, 920. No cracks or other issues. I looked at Rangers as we have a dealer here in town. I showed the Ranger dealer what i was paying for the 920 but that did not get them to come down to a more likable price for their Ranger of the same size and accessories. 8K more money was too much so I went with the phoenix.

4. Member
    I've had my 721 for over 5 years, I have a few small stress cracks in areas where they installed a screw, do they bother me, nope. I clean them with a magic eraser and once the bit of dirt is gone they are hard to see. About the only thing on my boat I need to change is the carpet up front, I do not have a padded deck and it is worn, but still in decent shape. Other than that I have no complaints.
    2021 Phoenix 819 - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Ser No 2B779353
    Ultrex/Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega/Helix 10 Mega DI/Mega 360
    Garmin 1022 with LVS34

5. Member
    I have a 2010 721 with zero stress cracks I have had to replace a couple of the live well pumps and replaced the electronics. Besides that love everything about the boat except
    the lazy Susan. When I bought the boat I thought I would like the separate tackle storage areas on the front deck.
    I removed the lazy Susan after the second year and use it to store my life jackets. I am selling my boat this fall and planning on getting a 920.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

6. Member
    my 2014 is holding up very well. I just cleaned it up yesterday after a winter in south Florida and if you looked at it and I did not tell you, you might think it was a 2017

I've had minor problems with trailer and motor but boat has been near flawless
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

7. Member
    One of my buddies has one and they only issues he has had is he doesn’t catch enough fish with it but I don’t think it is the boat

8. Member
    Have owned a 2018 721 for 3 months now and came from a 2006 Ranger Z20.

What I like -
    No keypad - The Phoenix has old school knobs that are easy to replace and not tied to an electronics
    Tackle Management - Layouts are good for tackle trays etc.
    Console Shroud for Dual Graphs - Nice look so you don't need add ons to mount two units
    Fast - Dang thing will haul arse once your get it dialed in

What I don't like -
    Livewell plugs - If you don't take them out will leave about cup of water in each side. With them out still leaves a 1/2 cup in the wells.
    Back Compartments - The ones on the Ranger were right behind the seats so I could turn around in the seat, open them and reach in . Phoenix are back a foot or so further so I have to get up to open them
    Seats - Rangers were thicker in the bottom - Phoenix not bad but wish it had a bit more.

Overall would still go with the 721 since the price point was much more to my liking.

I own a Phoenix 920 Pro and it ain't all that. Every boat out there needs some kind of refining. I wouldn't rate my boat any better than a Skeeter or Ranger..... and if I had it to do over again I am pretty sure I would choose a Skeeter or Ranger over my 920 Pro.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanknbass View Post
    I own a Phoenix 920 Pro and it ain't all that. Every boat out there needs some kind of refining. I wouldn't rate my boat any better than a Skeeter or Ranger..... and if I had it to do over again I am pretty sure I would choose a Skeeter or Ranger over my 920 Pro.
    Can you give me some reasons?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I have a 2011 Phoenix 618 with a 175 Pro XS. Best riding boat I have ever fished out of, and no cracks of any kind. The only "Problem" I have had, and continue to have, is people always wanting to look at my boat and check it out. Sometimes that holds me up when I'm in a hurry to get to that spot for the morning topwater bite.
    i also have a 618 and really like it and would purchase another one in a heartbeat, but don't believe the attached post as this is not anywhere near the best riding boat i have ever owned. Charger, champion and legend all had better rides!
    Pool 10

You know I find it odd that many of you have older boats and swear there are no issues...but those with newer ones seem to be finding more mishaps.

I've been in the market for a new boat for months now and went and looked at several Phoenix line boats...618, 819, 720. All seemed to have little things that were off. However, I've been in an older 618 and it had no issues.

Issues I've seen:

1) Carpet misaligned and wrinkled
    2) Loose fittings in the lockers
    3) Tight lockers...almost to the point of pulling up the carpet
    4) Scratched stainless pumpouts
    5) Wave in the glass

It's kind of pulling me away from Phoenix as a whole. I think their demand is SO high that they're pumping these things out way faster than their QA can keep up with.

Just my .02
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    i also have a 618 and really like it and would purchase another one in a heartbeat, but don't believe the attached post as this is not anywhere near the best riding boat i have ever owned. Charger, champion and legend all had better rides!
    And that is where opinion comes into play on a subjective subject. I haven't been in an 18'6" boat in a long, long time and I'm guessing that is what you are basing your opinion on. My opinion on 20'+ models is that Champion and Charger "might" have a comparable ride depending on the driver- one is extinct, the other sells an extremely small number of boats (They didn't sell one to me because of aesthetics). Legend isn't even close on ride. All three give up substantial mph on the top speed to Phoenix when comparing apples to apples. OP should be spending seat time in models and brands that he can afford and is interested in- only way to truly draw his own conclusion.
    2014 920/SHO

14. Member
    I think one of the things to understand when you ask for thoughts you also have to realize you will get many opinions on this subject. I was dead set on a Cat prior to my purchase cost, width of trailer, and up charge for a narrow trailer made me seek other options. Long time Triton guy owned 2 both Nashville Boats and really thought I would go with a 20 TRX or 21 TRX till I went to see a Phoenix then went down to look at the new 21 and 20 TRX and I just liked Phoneix better and I was disappointed in what I precieved a difference in build between the original Nashville plant and current manufacturing location. Now I will say I loved my Tritons just though the Phoenix was a superior product at the time I made my decision and the Trailer was the same width as my Tritons so I would fit in my Garage as current.

What I like about my Phoenix 721 is
    Ride, Speed, Layout, Fit and Finish

What I think could be improved
    Trailer, I would go to finished GEL in Rod Boxes

I think you will find all different opionions here a lot good, some indifferent and some bad. Go to any of the boards on this site and you will find the same kind of information.

My problem I like all models and brands
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12