Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Actually we have over a few dozen engines held back for those that would like a 2 Stroke Opti Pro XS.
    So, it they can flash a 4.2 liter V-6 SHO to 347 flywheel HP. How much will they get out of a 4.6 liter V-8 when they break the code? Cant believe anyone would want a 2 stroke now.

2. Member
    Every boat I saw in Flippin the last 2 weeks with a Merc had the new engine being mounted or a Vrod Pro. The engine warehouse appeared to have no 2 stroke Pro Xs other than the boats in the lot waiting to be shipped. Even their new cut away L series boat had one mounted on it, originally had a 2 stroke at the Classic but now with the 4 stroke they have to fill the hole where the remote oil fill was located before they "show it".

3. Member
    My only worry is that new 4 stroke pro xs will be in the shop more than it will be on the water!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by purple haze View Post
    My only worry is that new 4 stroke pro xs will be in the shop more than it will be on the water!
    What makes you think that?

5. Member
    After owning bass boat for almost 35 years you never want to be the Guinea pig . All motor brands have growing pains on new designs some small some big . They should let the elite ser and flw boys run them for one year before the public can buy them . They would save money on warranty issues and the general public would have a better product .

Boys, we have a few miles in this rig. We haven’t seen any guinea pig situations yet! Hundreds of hole shots, dozens of straight speed runs, same situation on closed loops and figure eights. Fuel performance like a Opti Pro XS at all ranges it seems. We will have a comment after the release is public.

They’ve done a very nice job here!
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-26-2018 at 11:44 PM.

7. Member
    I think they had it in the longest testing phase in outboard motor history. I believe they wanted to release it a couple of years ago but had to tweak the emissions a bit.
    Last edited by Sports1; 05-18-2018 at 09:20 AM.

It is time....release the hounds.

It’s on their web site and the Rick posted a disclosure on the experience he’s had with the engine on the Owners Board.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 05-18-2018 at 12:11 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    I think they had it in the longest testing phase in outboard motor history. I believe they wanted to release it a couple of years ago but had to tweak the emissions a bir.
    Agree

^^ THIS!! ^^

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

12. Member
    As long as they tested the engine it probably won’t be in the shop like the G2’s and SHO’s were when they first came out imo.

13. Banned
    I remember when OMC came out with the ficht, it was gonna be GREAT......they aren't in business anymore. I remember when yammacrap came out with the SHO, its gonna be GREAT.......took years to work out the bugs, and if it wasn't for all the money YAMMACRAP has they would of been out of business. Its gonna take a while to work out the bugs, afterwards it could be GREAT, as long as it doesn't bankcrupt them first...........just a thought

We know the last two new larger platforms Mercury introduced came out without any issues. The 150 4 Stroke and 115 Pro XS both were great engines from the start.

15. Member
    I wouldn’t wait too long on letting others be the “guinea pig”....those old 2 stroke pro xs engines will be worth the price of an anchor real soon. If I owned a 2 stroke pro xs, it would be on way to dealer this week for trade while I could still get some money for it.

16. Member
    Regardless of what the Evinrude people think. The 2 stroke outboard officially died yesterday.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Regardless of what the Evinrude people think. The 2 stroke outboard officially died yesterday.
    i doubt it as it is more efficient and much less moving parts--but I also know if BRP wants a 4 stroke they have the ability to design and build one also!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    i doubt it as it is more efficient and much less moving parts--but I also know if BRP wants a 4 stroke they have the ability to design and build one also!!
    They will either go four strke or they will go away.

19. Member
    I like that V8 muscle sound.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    I like that V8 muscle sound.

Sounds badazz!!! Will the Pro XS sound that way too or is the Racing version more pronounced?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast