Need an opinion.

Hey guys, I have an 86 Skeeter Starfire with an 86 XR2 motor. that I’m trying to sell. It was running good one day the I take it out a week later or so and when u push the throttle to go it bogs down and loses power. Most people sad clean the carbs. So I had a guy buy it and he came and got it and took it to a Merc mechanic and he said this. I’ll send a pic. He brought the boat back and didn’t wanna spent that kind of money on it and I understand that. I don’t either. I have my dads boat and don’t need two. What would y’all do in this situation?
    thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    put outside switch box on it go run it , controls spark on 2 4 6 ,if num 6 is fireing stator is good, if trigger was bad would be opposing cyls like 1-2, cant loose a piston just sitting for week,try it, v6 forum one down need ser num
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Ok thanks for the reply. I’ll get the serial in a bit.

here is the serial
    0A970944
    Last edited by eaton30; 05-16-2018 at 07:54 PM.

4. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................