Tempest props,setup, who to rework?

I have a early 90's champion bass boat 190DC with a 200hp 2.5l Efi that is sitting on a 8" Hydrodynamics Magnum Jackplate.

I have two props that I have tried on this setup, a Tempest 25p A45 prop that looks like someone I don't know who had done some work to it, on my setup it ran 64.5mph @ 6000rpm, it felt like it can give a little more top end speed but chine walk got bad so I backed off, that's with me and half tank gas, prop to pad was set at 3.5"

The other prop I tried on my setup is a Tempest plus 25p prop (stock untouched) prop to pad set on this one is 3.75"
    With me and half tank gas it ran 67mph GPS @ 5800rpm, was a little bit chine walk but was able to control

Now I want to break into the 70's and I'm am debating on which one of these two props should I send off to get rework? and who between these two guys (Mark Croxton) or (Steve's custom prop) should I have do the prop work??

2. Member
    I don't have any experience with Mr. Mark but on here he has amazing reviews, now Steves custom props worked a T1 for me and he did a fine job excellent work he did and don't leave out Holeshot propeller Mr. Brian just worked a tempest for me and that prop has so much lift and grip it's unreal it's exactly what I needed running 9% slip on the calculator on and Xpress I am also sending Mr. Brian my trophy a45 to get worked this week, so which ever one you go with I think your gonna get top notch service. Good day

3. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    send the bone stock prop to mark croxton. you wont be sorry.

4. Member
    Agree ......the A45 wont last forever.