Lake wateree hotels

Headed to lake wateree on Saturday to fish and don't want to leave our house at 3am to start fishing at 6am so looking to get a hotel for the night on Friday. Looks like camden is the closest to the clearwater ramp. Any recommendations on a boat friendly, low crime/risk hotel in that area?

Thanks in advance.
    Frank Duffy

Harris Teeter Pro Staff

2. Member
    Check the lugoff motels

3. Member
    If you are active or retired military, check out the Shaw AFB Rec cabins. They are right next to Clearwater Cove.

4. Member
    Colonial inn in Camden.

Thanks guys, not military. I checked into colonial inn, hope it's decent, read it had boat/rv hook ups so that's a plus. Thanks again guys
    Frank Duffy

Harris Teeter Pro Staff

6. Banned
    I live in Greensboro, NC and run into the same concerns when going to Lake Wateree. I have 2 items to pass on to you. #1 I found it that Rock Hill, SC is near the same distance from Clearwater Cove Ramp as it is to go to Camden, SC. I have family in Camden yet when I plan to go to The Wateree for a Tournament I stay in Rock Hill. That said should I stay in the Camden/Lugoff area I would stay in Lugoff at one of the motels across from the old DuPont Plant. Check out Leo's in that area also, best wings you have had. Now if you decide to stay in Rock Hill and travel down to Clearwater Cove ramp I would STRONGLY suggest stopping to eat after your tournament at either The Creek Side Restaurant or across the road at The River Dock. Best Food found on The Wateree. They also have NON-Ethanol gas.
    Last edited by Heelman99; 07-16-2018 at 09:40 AM.