Thread: FURY 4 PROP

FURY 4 PROP

Is anyone running a fury 4 blade?

Looking in the boat set ups, it looked like most people were running 24-25p tempest props (I run the 25) for the 225efi.
    21' Cobra

I think I just load my boat down with all the bare essentials. And before I know it, I have enough crap in there to supply a bass pro location. So I know I run heavier than a lot of guys. But I am definitely needing something that can give me some better get up and go. My holeshot sucks.

2. Member
    What kind of jackplate are you using on your Cobra 216? Also what is your top speed?

3. Member
    The 6" (Ritehite?) that I believe came with the boat. 1999.
    I run about 69mph on GPS with no gear, 1/4 tank, and by myself.
    I run about 65mph loaded down with full tank and livewells.
    I think its either 5850 or 5950 on the rpms (I don't remember the numbers, but I remember that it was really close to what the motor calls for)

(BUT>>> I can't get out of the hole if it meant saving my life. I seem to stall...or just barely increase in rpm at around 2200 when trying to come up on plane. I usually have to throw my buddy on the bow of the boat to get it to come over. I am 3.25" below pad. The 25p Tempest has had all variations of plugs played with. I either stall out, or I spin the prop and lose bite. This is even true when trying to fine tune it to the point that I take all plugs out...install one (which makes it stall), then start drilling out the single plug. But as soon as I have 1/2 tank vs the full tank...it all changes and I spin out or stall again)

4. Member
    Might want to go to an 8 to 10 inch jackplate if not you might want to change to bolts in that Ritehite as they are know to break off. A 25 4 blade Fury or a trophy with a blowout ring would help. Sent you a pm.

5. Member
    Is it a 201 or 216 Cobra?

6. Member
    Serial # EJS02544L899

Can you tell by that?

7. Member
    I can’t but the board moderator might be able to. If it is a 201 there are quite a few people on the board that can help you with the setup.

8. Member
    I don’t think they made the 216 in 1999 so it may be the 201 which is 20 foot 1 inch.

9. Member
    I had an 02 201D and ran a 10" fixed plate with a 225 std opti at the time. 26 Trophy ran the best at 69-72 depending load. Light I did see 74.5 once. Others may have more input but the Fury overall was not a great performer on this hull. Most ran tempest, trophies, or Bravo. I think it has more to do with the wide barrel and how that boat has more of a neutral lift. It likes to have a prop in the water a bit more where the Fury likes to run high.