Am I the only one?

I'm watching Homeland season 1. He is referred to as Sgt. In the Marine Corps that's 3 stripes up. He also had 4 hash Mark's on his sleeve. That's 16yrs. (Each hash represents 4yrs service). In episode 7 he's got 3 up and 2 down. That's a Gunnery sergeant. Then he goes to a party in the next episode and back to regular sergeant stripes and 1 hash on his sleeve.

Does it not drive any other military people crazy? How can they miss such an obvious flaw?
    Any other movies or shows you notice this stuff in?

Not mad just a little amazed.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    im not military but i get what your saying. Cant Stand to see an obvious issue on a movie. My wife hates watching tv or movies with me! lol Thanks for your service.

3. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    Sloppy editing on the part of the director.

4. Member
    Cost too much to get a real service man for an adviser.

5. Member
    That's the continuity editor job I think.

6. Member
    Was watching Magnum PI Sunday night, and at the beginning of the show he was on his way to meet a client. It was cloudy and raining as he was driving but when he arrived at the meeting place it was sunny and dry.

7. Banned
    Do You ever see the cop show and all the cops had their badges on the Starboard side? It was the show w/the bald guy from TheCommish.

Pick any topic where you have an interest and knowledge greater than most and you’ll see these kinds of mistakes. How people hold guns, the wrong engine sounds for dirt bikes, kids writing computer code in seconds on any random PC. Image what doctors and lawyers think when they watch TV. It’s entertainment, not a documentary or training video so just try to look past it when you can.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

9. Banned
    'The Shield' was the show. To wit:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Justified drove me crazy when they filmed exterior scenes that were supposed to take place in Kentucky but were shot in a semiarid locale, like this one:

Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

Continuity
    Brody's uniform ranking changes several times throughout season 1. At highest rank on service uniform he has the ranking of Gunnery Sergeant. In dress blues to attend dinner, he is shown with only a Sergeant ranking. In reference to repeated naming of ranking, he is referred to as Sergeant, if the Gunnery Sergeant rank is true, everyone would refer to him as Gunnery Sergeant or Gunny for short

Plot holes Brody is enlisted and Mike is an Officer
    The close personal relationship between Brody and Mike blatantly violates military regulations against fraternization between enlisted men and officers. A case this flagrant would almost certainly lead to a court-martial.
    " A Few Good Fish"

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Livewells View Post
    Was watching Magnum PI Sunday night, and at the beginning of the show he was on his way to meet a client. It was cloudy and raining as he was driving but when he arrived at the meeting place it was sunny and dry.
    You've obviously never lived on Oahu...

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

13. Member
    I was too distracted by Brody’s wife/Mike’s girlfriend to notice.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    You've obviously never lived on Oahu...
    Or most places. Coming home from Church Sunday it was a beautiful morning 1/2 mile from the house water was running down the street, another block you could see the down pour, still sunshine in the rear view mirror

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    I'm watching Homeland season 1. He is referred to as Sgt. In the Marine Corps that's 3 stripes up. He also had 4 hash Mark's on his sleeve. That's 16yrs. (Each hash represents 4yrs service). In episode 7 he's got 3 up and 2 down. That's a Gunnery sergeant. Then he goes to a party in the next episode and back to regular sergeant stripes and 1 hash on his sleeve.

Does it not drive any other military people crazy? How can they miss such an obvious flaw?
    Any other movies or shows you notice this stuff in?

Not mad just a little amazed.
    My wife gets mad when I bring up things like this. There was one show where the guy went from SGT to Major in 3 years.

Allen

I understand your frustration. But its still my favorite show on tv. When I found it I binged watched the first season and have been watching ever since

It is a pretty good show. Very interesting and it d.c. ors make me wanna watch the next episode. Almost done with season 1.
    " A Few Good Fish"