Thread: Sturgeon bay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'll be up there Friday to Monday too! Fishing really lit up as of yesterday with the warm fronts. As of now they are spawning in 2 areas the prespawn fish are moving up in huge waves. We should all be hitting it perfectly this weekend!!!! I'll be at Beach Harbor or GrayStone for dinner and drinks each night that's for sure. One buddy yesterday fished by himself for 6 hours and landed 75 fish himself and my good friends that I'm staying with are all guides and have been pulling 100 to 150 fish per day.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    I'll be up there Friday to Monday too! Fishing really lit up as of yesterday with the warm fronts. As of now they are spawning in 2 areas the prespawn fish are moving up in huge waves. We should all be hitting it perfectly this weekend!!!! I'll be at Beach Harbor or GrayStone for dinner and drinks each night that's for sure. One buddy yesterday fished by himself for 6 hours and landed 75 fish himself and my good friends that I'm staying with are all guides and have been pulling 100 to 150 fish per day.
    In St Bay area or north of that? Wondering how it'll be after being pounded from the St Bay open last weekend

Quote Originally Posted by jonmay View Post
    In St Bay area or north of that? Wondering how it'll be after being pounded from the St Bay open last weekend
    Probably mostly in the SB areas. Don't worry about the past tournaments. There are so many fresh fish moving up in huge waves and such a large area. I've had many of my best days minutes after the last boats had left for weigh in.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Boy View Post
    Probably mostly in the SB areas. Don't worry about the past tournaments. There are so many fresh fish moving up in huge waves and such a large area. I've had many of my best days minutes after the last boats had left for weigh in.
    thanks. Prob hit that area sat. Nothing like fat smallies. I'll be in a black/blue phoenix if you are up there and running around

5. Member
    Heading up Sunday, hope to be on the water by 630, me and the gf will be in my silver/red and white Ranger. Hoping to put her on some bed fish!
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

6. Member
    I was at little Sturgeon today bite was tough. Thought it would be better 15-20 so it wasn't a total loss. I talked to a few people, two guys didn't catch anything.

Be interested to hear what's working and where. Nmba Ned rig with zman finesse trd green pumpkin goby got the most bites
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

7. Member
    Update, been here 2 days so far, fishin has been decent, averaged 50 each day with biggest being 5.66, most fish are locked on beds and are taking drop shots and grubs dragged through the beds, have caught a few smaller fish on jerkbaits and senkos wacky rigged, just my opinion, the fish we've seen on beds right now are stale and a new wave needs to move up, they are really scattered in Sawyer and on the flats , anyone been up in the northern bays ? Thinking of hitting egg or Rowley in the next day or so

8. Member
    My buddy is up in the mink and it is on he said

Fished Saturday and Sunday and each day landed a lot of fish. Fished from little sturg to the flats. Best fishing with in Riley's and little sturg. Landed 6 over 5 and many 4s but most were 2.5 to 3.5. I definitely wanted to go north for more prespawn action but the gf liked the bed bite and was not a fan of the big water lol since it was her first time on a "big lake". Caught all my fish on a drop shot, tube and arig.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FTC View Post
    Heading up on Memorial Day for 6 days, I can almost taste the the prime rib sandwich at Graystone.
    Hell yes! Best deal in all of DC!

11. Banned
    Lots of hype during the pre/spawn phrase,but hows the summer SM bite ?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 597fitter View Post
    Lots of hype during the pre/spawn phrase,but hows the summer SM bite ?
    It’s awesome. You will just need to look a little bit more. Big ones are out here everywhere.
    2013 BassCat Eyra
    Mercury Pro XS 250

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12