Prop question for Puma

Does anyone have any advice on props to use on a '16 Puma FTD with a 250 ProXS? I'm currently running a 25 fury. Hole shot is very sub par. A good bit slower out the whole than my Phoenix was. Top speed this evening with 2 people wells full and a light tackle load was 74-75 @ around 5750. I do have 8' blades and Atlas hydraulic. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Raising the Plate will help hole shot and an extra set of vent holes in the propeller should resolve it also.

3. Member
    25 fury, (worked)26 fury, 25 fury4..seem to be the props most run. I have the 25 fury, not sure how mine is vented. I’ll look. But mine is just so so out of the hole. Im going to try a 25fury4 someday.
    I still can’t drive, 72-74 is my norm. But It wants to go faster, some day I’ll get all the trim in it. Some day.
    more nose weight (ultrex) has helped me.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

4. Banned

this is what BCB means

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Raising the Plate will help hole shot and an extra set of vent holes in the propeller should resolve it also.
    Believe this is what they are trying to tell you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Extra vent holes, Steves Prop Shop or Croxtons will get you going! If you try the Fury 4, it will jump out of the hole, you'll lose a couple mph though on top

6. Banned
    Had mine tuned and drilled at Propeller Dynamic's out of Virginia

7. Member
    Thanks guy. I got with Mr. Gilbert and will be having some prop work done this week.