2001 90hp 4 Stroke Questions

0T340206
    Mercury 90hp 4 Stroke

I’ve got two questions relating to my motor or Mercs in general. My water pressure gauge was working fine two outings ago, now it’s not. I want to check the 1/4” water line to the gauge to make sure it’s not clogged, but I can’t find a diagram of where it actually connects within the cowling. I also have a question relating to fuel/running. At initial startup and takeoff, the motor acts as if it’s not getting enough gas. I could not get the priming ball to fill either. Im questioning if the fuel filter is the issue or if the gas lines are the issue. When it gets to running temp, the issue seems to disappear.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    On your first question, is the gauge at ZERO with the engine OFF? Any telltale stream present?

Second question: Suggest replacing lines, bulb, and fuel filter (ALL at ONE TIME). See the following link- ALL except the "Pulse Pump" applies:

FUEL LINES AND PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I found that the hose for the water pressure gauge had been disconnected. I reconnected it and tightened a zip tie on it to prevent it from coming off. We’ll do new lines like you suggested with new priming ball and fuel filter. Should be a good start.