Thread: Alx rods

USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Alx rods

Interested in the enox cirrus rod for skipping docks. Do I understand right that this rod comes with micro guides which not a fan of? If so may go with the skipper rod
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Member
    Pretty sure they all are micro guides on all they're rod lines, however you could have one built with regular guides Alex will chime in here on this thread sometime soon I would assume.. ask him.. great to deal with .. and awesome rods made in the US
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

They aren't the small micro hard to see to get the line through guides, but they aren't the big old style guides either. I really like them.

If you are going to use it for skipping buy the Skipper. You will thank me later. Its without a doubt the best skipping rod I ever put in my hands and I own several built for skipping.

The Cirrus has been popular until the Skipper came out. We'll have Skippers in stock in about 1.5 weeks - we are accepting backorders.

The ENOX uses Micros... All other lines use "mid micro" --- which is only 1mm smaller than older style guide sizes... Here is a comparison:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cidgrad; 05-16-2018 at 01:46 PM. Reason: correction