Video of Indexing Ultrex?

Does any know of a video showing the process to index an Ultrex? I've got this problem where the spotlock shuts itself due to over rotating, but I don't have anything obstructing the pedal. I'm sure I need to index it.
    Aaron Cavanaugh
    FishinFreaks
    Rogers, MN

2. Member
    Same problem here, I’ll be following along.... spot lock never misses a beat unless fully rotated. Pedal is level when motor’s aligned with the keel.

3. Member
    Doesn’t look like much for advise, you try anything yet? I played with the sensitivity in the remote today and went to a -2, it helped a lot, pretty much just slows down its corrections. I’ve noticed mine only trips when turned all the way around till the toe end of the pedal is all the way down... also when my motor is aligned with the keel the flat spot of the heel pedal is flush with the deck.

4. Member
    I did mine last spring but don’t remember too much. It wasn’t difficult. Indexing is just setting it so you have it going straight when the pedal is flat correct? I didn’t think it would affect spot lock.

I am not aware of spot lock on an Ultrex kicking off for over rotating.

It will kick off if you didn't leave enough slack in transducer/link cables and they start to bind. Or if anything is preventing the pedal from having full movement.

Indexing isn't hard and the instructions should have been included in your install manual. You can also find them at the MK web site. It was generaly accepted at one point that you didn't need to index them, not sure if that has changed or not. I indexed my non link and hated how flat the pedal was so I moved it back. I messed around with it on my link to see if I could get it to rotate the same amount but I couldn't. I'm making this numbers up but I rotates something like 375 degrees one way and 385 the other.

Two tips that helped me with indexing:

I used a screwdriver with writing along the handle to count turns when loosing up the cable tension screw.
    If you don't get the little two wire connector back together the right way the Ultrex will not turn right. If you do this don't force it to turn. If you force it to turn you will break the steering cable housing. Just power it off and reorient the cable connector.

Other than that it's really pretty easy to do if you read the manual.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Doesn’t look like much for advise, you try anything yet? I played with the sensitivity in the remote today and went to a -2, it helped a lot, pretty much just slows down its corrections. I’ve noticed mine only trips when turned all the way around till the toe end of the pedal is all the way down... also when my motor is aligned with the keel the flat spot of the heel pedal is flush with the deck.

sensitivity? do mean boat scale? I having the same problem. spotlock kicks out when it turn 180 to the right

7. Member
    Mine is doing the same as well. Kicks out when it rotates in one direction.
    2021 FXR21LE