Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bass tie to dock

Man this messed up . Took the boat out early this morning to run the gas out. That been in the boat since Dec.
    On the way back to the dock boat was idle kind rough ,upon reaching dock it shut off. I thought I heard a noise so I lean over the side to listern but didn't here any thing . But across the dock that you walk up to the parking lot . I seen a yellow line tie to the dock moving .
    So low an be hold I get out the boat to get the truck and i reach over and grab the line and feel weight to it .
    Some one had tie 2 bass on it under the dock . They was beat up a bit and live . I let them go . 1 was around 3-4 lbs and the other 1-2 lb .....wish I know how to post pics .....I would post them . This was at Upper Barton creek ramp ....don't know how long they been there . The rope did a number to them ,but they swim a way .

Geez.. glad you found them and released them. Some people ain’t got any sense
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

Sounds like someone had a little cheating in mind....I still can’t believe more lie dectors are not given in tournaments....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Banned
    I agree with crank68!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Sounds like someone had a little cheating in mind....I still can’t believe more lie dectors are not given in tournaments....
    Or someone was keeping them for food and just wasn’t around. And, lie detectors only work in movies and TV. In real life that are, at best, right 50% of the time. So tossing a coin would be just as effective. They are more accurately called a stress detector so if you are comfortable telling a lie you’ll pass and if you are nervous telling the truth you may fail. There’s a good reason they are not admissible in court.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

6. Member
    there was 2 tournaments went out from Barton at Falls saturday , I was there, I bet they were left there since then , the oppurtunity to retrieve them didnt present itself saturday I bet
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

7. Member
    Personally dont think it would be some one cheating tying fish up at the boat ramp. Its always people on that dock fishing with minnows and such.

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Or someone was keeping them for food and just wasn’t around. And, lie detectors only work in movies and TV. In real life that are, at best, right 50% of the time. So tossing a coin would be just as effective. They are more accurately called a stress detector so if you are comfortable telling a lie you’ll pass and if you are nervous telling the truth you may fail. There’s a good reason they are not admissible in court.
    And locks on doors are meant to keep honest people out of your too....I feel better with my doors locked. Prolly the best trail around for many years was TarHeel Team Tournaments. They used a lie detector test regularly if you finished in the money. Not saying it’ll work all the time or even half the time but the threat needs to be there to deter....IMO.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I was at the ramp. Mr Chavis showed me the picture of the fish on a yellow rope holding the fish.
    1. Why would you use a yellow rope to tie up Fish. BECAUSE the yellow bumpers on the dock. Coincidence I don’t think so!
    Someone was going to cheat!
    LIE detector tests are important
    here’s from BASS
    BASS has a rule that requires anglers to take a polygraph test if asked and accept the result. Anglers sign a form before every tournament noting that.
    If it’s Goodnuf for Bass it should be good enough for any other tournament trail!
    https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/polygraph.html

With this kind of money on the line People will cheat.
    Anybody fishing for two to $j3000 will likely for their mother under the bus to win that money and have your name in the headlines !
    Boats cost more then ever!The price of Rods and tackle keep going up.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

10. Member
    I just find it hard to believe that someone would try to cheat with 2 and3- 4 pounder. Fish that size wouldn'tget you anywhere in the money. They were someone that had to many cold ones and left sundays supper tied up. It's a shame and I'm glad there were found and released.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rchavis View Post
    Man this messed up . Took the boat out early this morning to run the gas out. That been in the boat since Dec.
    On the way back to the dock boat was idle kind rough ,upon reaching dock it shut off. I thought I heard a noise so I lean over the side to listern but didn't here any thing . But across the dock that you walk up to the parking lot . I seen a yellow line tie to the dock moving .
    So low an be hold I get out the boat to get the truck and i reach over and grab the line and feel weight to it .
    Some one had tie 2 bass on it under the dock . They was beat up a bit and live . I let them go . 1 was around 3-4 lbs and the other 1-2 lb .....wish I know how to post pics .....I would post them . This was at Upper Barton creek ramp ....don't know how long they been there . The rope did a number to them ,but they swim a way .
    The kid fishing on the dock ran home to get his dad to show him his first fish he caught and was going to get it mounted until you came along. Mind you own business!!!!!
    2015 189 trx

12. Member
    Yup
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    The kid fishing on the dock ran home to get his dad to show him his first fish he caught and was going to get it mounted until you came along. Mind you own business!!!!!
    I bet that is what happened. You just crushed a young KVD now he is going to kill everyone he catches just so he has proof.

Honestly I doubt someone would be cheating with that strategy surely there is plenty of places to tie fish up out on the lake but you never know. One time on High Rock me a Chris Baldwin was fishing around a dock and there was a big rope tied to the dock that was moving. We pulled it up and there was about a 50lb flathead tied to it. We just looked at it and didn't do anything and moved around the dock and there was another big rope on the other side so we pulled it up and sure enough another huge flathead tied to it. We just kept on fishing and really didn't think anything of it and later that evening found out there was a big catfish tourney going on that night. The next day I was fishing and went by the dock and both fish were gone. Did someone cheat I don't know but we sure think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumptruck View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that someone would try to cheat with 2 and3- 4 pounder. Fish that size wouldn'tget you anywhere in the money.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

15. Banned
    Not on Falls it won't.

16. Member
    And locks on doors are meant to keep honest people out of your too....I feel better with my doors locked. Prolly the best trail around for many years was TarHeel Team Tournaments. They used a lie detector test regularly if you finished in the money. Not saying it’ll work all the time or even half the time but the threat needs to be there to deter....IMO.
    I agree with you Ted use it to deter. Nobody knows if they would pass or fail, so I don't think they would take a chance of the humiliation it would cause them. Saw a trail a few years ago at Kerr that never used one have one there that day. The guy that won refused to take it so he was DQd.

That is why I dont fish big money team tournaments. Put money on the line and 2 buddies in a boat and shady things can easily take place. In the BFL at Jordan last weekend I caught a 5lber off a bed that ended up being foul hooked. As soon as me and my co saw the jig stuck in its back we knew it wasnt a legal catch. Id be willing to bet in a lot of team events that fish probably would have gone right in the livewell without a second thought.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    That is why I dont fish big money team tournaments. Put money on the line and 2 buddies in a boat and shady things can easily take place. In the BFL at Jordan last weekend I caught a 5lber off a bed that ended up being foul hooked. As soon as me and my co saw the jig stuck in its back we knew it wasnt a legal catch. Id be willing to bet in a lot of team events that fish probably would have gone right in the livewell without a second thought.

100% agree. But if they had a lie detector. May help.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

19. Banned
    CBC does have the detector. They do 3 or more every tournament.

20. Banned
    Every time I'm out of the money at a tournament, someone must have cheated!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast