shimano bantam mgl

So who here has already got theirs? looking to add a few reels and this one has my attention. I want something that will pair and palm well with a g loomis nrx 893 and 873. I have core 50s on there now but want to see what else is out there.

2. Member
    I have an Bantam MGL HG that has a few trips on it. I have fished it on the nrx 854 and a Megabass Destroyer FMJ. Next will be the NRX 873 for football jigs. It really feels at home on this rod. It you are using a core 50 now, you will be pleased with the size of the mgl. It has more of a 50 size reel feel to it but is much more of a solid feel. Reel is built like a tank like some of the round reels but in a low profile. Smooth and powerful. As for the 893,I have no experience with on the water but the mgl would palm well. That particular rod may be better served with a lighter weight reel.

Not to hijack the thread but how does the Bantam MGL compare to the Chronarch MGL. I love my Chronarch MGL and just don't see how the Bantam could be $100 better.

Quote Originally Posted by PumaMatt View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but how does the Bantam MGL compare to the Chronarch MGL. I love my Chronarch MGL and just don't see how the Bantam could be $100 better.
    More rigid ,which goes a long ways when you're talking long term gear alignment. And if you use the discount code for tackle trap it's only about $50 more than the chronarch mgl.

Got mine Monday but it will be this weekend before I get a chance to put it to work.

6. Member
    I had to wait a little longer to get mine, because the lefties weren't in stock. Just arrived a few days ago, now this rain needs to go away so I can fish it.

Two trips out throwing it and I really like it. Mainly throwing bigger crankbaits and swimbaits but it is silky smooth and will cast a heavy bait a mile. I really like the way it sits in my hand, it fits that niche between my older Curado E7’s and say a Met or a Curado 70 series. Thinking I may pick up one of the high gears to use for punching matts, if we have any grass here this year.