Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a problem getting ProXs Blocks?

2013 Merc ProXS (don't have serial number handy) .

Waiting on new block for moter, was told awaiting "to be shipped" on May 10, that was May 2 . Dealer can't provide any more detail than that, thought may be something to do with new 4stroke 250 coming out and productions was a issue? Is this true? Does it normally take long time to get a warranty provided motor block? Cant believe that they are that scarce, regardless not happy with the down time. (Since end of March).. Thanks in advance

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please see the Forum Announcements and provide the Required Info.

Simply can't be of much assistance on this question without specific engine info.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    2B0179856 250 Mercury ProXS ? any thoughts?

4. Member
    my sources say yes
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    I would bet that if everyone who had this issue got together with one half-good lawyer, Mercury would figure out how to get it done... or .. if the 4 stroke line is worth that much to them, ... pay up.

Warranty should be executed with a legitimate good-faith effort - and in a reasonable time. A decent lawyer could have a field day with down-time against a payment or even just depreciation across a large group of Mercury owners.

Nobody should dread having a Warranty repair as much as I dread the thought of having our 200 ProXS go down.

6. Member
    so does all folks that need a new block go thru this wait? do they have to go make one each time? I have lost all my spring fishing and likely summer as well.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykins Tr21 View Post
    2B0179856 250 Mercury ProXS ? any thoughts?
    Can you correct that number (too many digits to the right of the "B")?

NEW are currently on backorder- Reman (841017R51) are readily available (and carry the same Warranty) as of the time of this post.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZero View Post
    I would bet that if everyone who had this issue got together with one half-good lawyer, Mercury would figure out how to get it done... or .. if the 4 stroke line is worth that much to them, ... pay up.

Warranty should be executed with a legitimate good-faith effort - and in a reasonable time. A decent lawyer could have a field day with down-time against a payment or even just depreciation across a large group of Mercury owners.

Nobody should dread having a Warranty repair as much as I dread the thought of having our 200 ProXS go down.
    That's probably jumping the gun pretty hard... especially due to a backorder in the busiest portion of the season, where there are options available.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the direction things jump, often far too quickly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    That's probably jumping the gun pretty hard... especially due to a backorder in the busiest portion of the season, where there are options available.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the direction things jump, often far too quickly, too.

10. Member
    oops 2B017985..heavy fingers, maybe this block is more available

11. Member
    Any idea of how long this backorder will be? will I get my boat back in the water before July?

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Any idea of how long this backorder will be? will I get my boat back in the water before July?
    That is a question for your Servicing Dealer. See Post #7 for information on what is available RIGHT NOW.

13. Member
    He can't tell me, says no one knows, the plant is concentrating on the new 4stroke product. Needless to say I find that hard to believe his rep can't give him a idea. says it will just show up when they are available. I asked him to contact his Mercury Rep and he says he doesn't know.

14. Member
    Backorder seems to be a mystery, I guess Reman means Remanufactured. I guess I have to wait to get a new one.

15. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If I were your dealer, we'd have a Reman on there and you back on the water.

16. Member
    Does the warranty reset when the new or reman'd block is installed or is it limited to the original warranty on the engine?

17. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Any Mercury Engine Part or component installed as a Warranty or Product Protection Claim assumes the remainder of the ENGINE's coverage (with a few exceptions such as maintenance items).

18. Member
    I wish you were....would think the reman would be just as good as a new
    . Are the new blocks made at the same place all Merc motors are made ?

19. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    I would consider them better, since it has had several heat cycles, any block shift would have taken place, and any porosity issues would most likely have shown themselves by now.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes- at least prior to today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast