Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I don’t know. If they haven’t changed the gel formulation or layup procedures It would certainly be possible and keeping a watch on my hull.

2. Joe4d
    What about the various carpeted bunk bolt on polymer rails or covers that bass pro sells I mean looks like a less than $100 fix to get hull off a water holding surface.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/taco...er-glyde-sliks
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cali...-bunk-wrap-kit

3. Member
    Janet and I are leaving this morning to take my rig to Toledo fiberglass to apply the gorilla hull. Long way down there. Stephen said would take 5-7 days. I will be thrilled to get her fixed. Feel like she’s been dragging a leg the last few months.

4. Member
    I got a gorilla hull on my 1999 Triton seventeen years ago. I plan to do that for my 2012 that I just bought when I save up a little more money. It's been my best boating investment/improvement.

Rip - Ray Rippstein - 1999 Triton TR21 - http://mytriton.ripstips.com/ and 2012 Triton 20 XS Elite

Be safe on your trip SMG! Let us know how you like the Gorilla Hull.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

6. Member
    I may just sell mine and get aluminum its fast and very good shape for a 2000 model
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
    What about the various carpeted bunk bolt on polymer rails or covers that bass pro sells I mean looks like a less than $100 fix to get hull off a water holding surface.
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/taco...er-glyde-sliks
    https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cali...-bunk-wrap-kit
    ive heard tell that the glide stiks are exactly that...slick. So u surely wouldn’t wanna unhook ur bow strap till u were pretty much in the water. The bunk wraps don’t look like to bad of an option for allowing ur hull to dry over the bunks. Just not sure how durable and long lasting they’d be. I myself really like the gatorbaks. But, they’re not cheap.

8. Member
    SMG - can you give update on the Gorilla Hull? Thanks. Got to get my blisters fixed too.

9. Member
    I think it was a good move. It’s definitely a lot tougher than gel coat. Hull seems slicker.comes out of the hole a little better.possibly a little harder to drive. Definitely loads a little harder so trailer has to be slightly deeper.Did not affect top end performance. They were super nice people and good to work with. I went with the white color.kinda wish I would have gone black cause it is a little whiter than my Triton hull. The biggest deal for me was the warranty. He promised me if my grandson is still running this boat in 20 years he could bring it back for a complete refresh at no charge. The only One thing that kinda peed me off is they completely screwed up my trolling motor wiring when they reinstalled the batteries and didn’t hook up my atlas. So I would probly pull the batteries and check all wiring before you use it. It was probly some kid that screwed it up.

10. Member
    Is this an issue that will cause the boat to leak or eventually becomes one, or more a cosmetic issue?

11. Member
    Water will continue to infiltrate and could delaminates if not addressed.

12. Member
    Is this issue unique to Tritons?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Is this issue unique to Tritons?
    No, all brands can get them. My 2004 Triton had them bad.
    Brad Krone

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    It wouldn’t be right selling or trading it off until it was fixed. It’s still an awesome rig. The gorilla hull will be a viable long term repair with a lifetime warranty. It’s no more money than replacing a lower unit. I didn’t think insurance would cover it just thought I would ask. I’ll just write the check and feel good about it.
    Where will you get the gorilla hull installed at i will probly end up getting blisters too i check but was good so far I have a 2004 196 too Norm

15. Member
    Toledo fiberglass located on Toledo bend reservoir.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123