Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Question Cell Phone and Driving Laws...

Wondering who has the cell phone no talking / use hand free device law and does it work and/or being enforced??

In Louisiana we dont have that law at this time but they are working on it in the current session, just waiting to see if it gets passed into law....but we do have laws where its illegal to text, play on social media, internet, etc. while driving.....and of course in my area i dont see them enforcing the law cause there are SO many people that drive and play on their phones....not only that i also see people that Face Time while driving.....it gets old driving behind someone thats playing around on phone and has a line of traffic behind them....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. Member
    NH has a no cell phone/texting law and it might have cut down some of it but if your at a red light a fair amount of people passing by will be texting or looking down at the phone.
    Red Sox in 6!

Missouri has a really stupid law that just says that you have to be 21 before you can text and drive.

Current state law only prohibits drivers under 21 from texting and driving. Other drivers follow Missouri's more vague distracted driving law by driving in a "careful and prudent manner." But that law doesn't have any explicit language on texting
    "Do not believe everything you read or see on the internet" -- Abraham Lincoln.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Now thats pretty rediculaous...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

It's illegal in Kentucky to text and drive, even if you are stopped at a stoplight. That being said, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who has ever been cited. I could write 100 tickets a day myself for those I see texting and driving. It's a useless law if not enforced.

6. Member
    People that text and drive don’t care if they kill you, your kid, your mother, or anybody else! Really sad!

I am tired of seeing it. Last week we were almost hit head on by a moron playing with his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    It's illegal in Kentucky to text and drive, even if you are stopped at a stoplight. That being said, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who has ever been cited. I could write 100 tickets a day myself for those I see texting and driving. It's a useless law if not enforced.
    You will be stoped in Georgia if you are seen texting and driving , its a good law . If you were a highway worker I know you would agree .

Its completely out of control...Zero enforcement of the law..Well maybe 1%..Hell half the police I see are texting while driving..Watched a guy today about run down the side of two 18 Wheelers...Even with them on the horns the guy never stopped texting..Just went faster up to about 90

A boat air horn has moved to the door panel pocket of my truck..Amazing how quick someone can drop a phone..Bet the police get called on me more than on texters

Quote Originally Posted by markheb View Post
    Missouri has a really stupid law that just says that you have to be 21 before you can text and drive.

Current state law only prohibits drivers under 21 from texting and driving. Other drivers follow Missouri's more vague distracted driving law by driving in a "careful and prudent manner." But that law doesn't have any explicit language on texting
    Wow!!

Illinois has a hands free law but I don’t see any fewer people using the phone while driving than I did before the law. To many distractions now a days for drivers.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by markheb View Post

The powers that be are working on a law that makes it illegal for any kind of distracted driving, they are trying to add a fine of up to $2500 to this bill. This includes eating, putting makeup, reading etc etc. Not sure how they could enforce it, probably would be an add on ticket if your involved in an accident I bet.

Another rant— part of the problem is the stupid cars anymore! Wife has a new Jeep Cherokee, no way for me to just jump in it and turn the heat or ac up or down! Forget about changing a radio station. The computer screen on her car has more options and touch gestures than my computer or iPad! Took her months to figure out the basics and she still has to get the manual out once in a while to change some of the settings.
    Vexus DVX19

13. Banned
    Again, a million laws won't do anything if the laws which are currently 'on the books' are not enforced. "gabbing" was bad enough but now with the texting, the attention is further diverted. The City/State should impound if/when the veh. is pulled over.

I live in a small rural area in Flori-Duh (2 lane roads) and I dodge at least 1 car either 'to' or 'fro' and I just go to the dog park a little over 6 miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg58 View Post
    Another rant— part of the problem is the stupid cars anymore! Wife has a new Jeep Cherokee, no way for me to just jump in it and turn the heat or ac up or down! Forget about changing a radio station. The computer screen on her car has more options and touch gestures than my computer or iPad! Took her months to figure out the basics and she still has to get the manual out once in a while to change some of the settings.
    THIS^^^. But, now you sound like one of us geezers!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

They could always just turn cars into Faraday cages or start installing cell jammers....
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    THIS^^^. But, now you sound like one of us geezers!
    What exactly is your definition of GEEZER! Don’t go picking fights with me or I’ll hit you with my cane!
    Just remember your only as old as the one you feel! Wait she is about my age too!
    Ok I am a geezer.
    Vexus DVX19

17. Member
    Idk how many times I've honked my horn at people in front of me that don't see the light turning green cause their heads are down staring at their phone. If it scares them and makes them jump, even better.

18. Member
    Cops text here in murray. 17000 college kids live to drive and text here. Everyone is on their phones while driving. Its the norm. I hate it and law isnt ever enforced here.

19. Member
    All day long light turns green, car in front just sits there. PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE AND DRIVE..

20. Member
    Got a ticket for holding mine. The output volume is so low I can't hear it if it's on the dash, and my truck is so old it doesn't do add on devices.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast