Thread: Sending Unit

Sending Unit

I have a 2001 19SS Extreme. My fuel gauge has gone nuts. It was stuck on E the last 2 trips and Saturday it decided to get stuck on 1/2. Where can I find info on what sending unit I need before I go taking everything apart to get to it? I want to have the right one in hand before I start to save down time. Any help would be great.

Ken Amandolia
    Carrollton, Ga
    \'01 19 SS_Extreme Stratos
    200 HP Johnson

2. Member

FUEL GAUGE?

ARE SURE YOUR GAUGE IS GETTING POWER OR MIGHT BE A BAD GAUGE.THATS WHAT MINE WAS.FOR ANY PARTS I WOULD RECOMMEND CAROL AT C&O-888-868-0361

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Re: FUEL GAUGE? (BASSBUSTER69088)

Check out my thread over on the Champion board Links to other ChampioN pages on BBC & Useful Info. I have links there for troubleshooting the different Teleflex (now Veethree) gauges & systems. There is one for the fuel gauge and one for the sending unit. Most of the info in that post pertains to most boats.

4. Member

Re: Sending Unit (ss_extreme)

ss_extreme..........turn your key on and take the two wires from your fuel gauge to the sending unit and ground them out or touch them together. If the gauge pegs itself on full......then the gauge is working fine and your sending unit is bad. To save time if the sending unit is bad you should pull it out and take it to a marine dealer and match it up. Most dealers will have them or can have them in a few days. There are so many sizes and styles of sending units its hard telling which one you have. I replaced one on my Stratos ASX.

Tony Steverson Jr.