Prop to pad..fixed.. fury 3 and 4..verado

So when I ordered my boat I opted to order w/o hydraulic so less to mess with. Now I enjoy my boat and try to squeeze everything I can out of it. If I could go back I would of done hydraulic. I don’t trust my local shops to re do a plate and I’m happy overall. I have a nitro z21 verado w 8” Manual slidemaster

What i I do want to ask is this. Currently I’m happily running a fury 24p 3. Fixed height from factory running 72-74 at 6100-6200 and 77 super light 6450 rpms. (Verado wot range 5800-6400) I really want to try the 4 blade fury. I am assuming I will need to stay same pitch and if anything increase to 25? As you all know that plate is a bear to adjust esp w a Verado. From what I’ve read 4 blades need to be raised... anyone run a fury 3 and 4. Same height with decent results? I honestly don’t want to keep raising and lowering depending which prop I have. Also because I have a transducer saver bracket for transducer to jack and would have to keep drilling for that as well.

Besides height, can a prop be worked on to
    give similar results as raising a plate a little? Of course won’t be as good as raising but a small compromise is okay if I can keep same height and just simply swap props. Thanks fellas!

2. Member
    You can always swap props and run it wherever but performance will suffer. The fury 4 runs about an inch higher than the 3. The 4 blade will probably run better than the 3 anyway and you won't have a reason to swap back.

Both fury props run the same pitch for pitch as far as rpm. I run my fury 4 a 1/2 in higher on my plate then my fury 3. My fury 3 is faster when running light but only 1 to 2 miles faster. My boat hardly ever runs real light and in that aspect my fury 4 walks all over my three in hole shot, handling, and speed and powerloads beautiful. Even as high as Im running I can not blow out my fury 4 know matter how hard I turn
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBass View Post
    So when I ordered my boat I opted to order w/o hydraulic so less to mess with. Now I enjoy my boat and try to squeeze everything I can out of it. If I could go back I would of done hydraulic. I don’t trust my local shops to re do a plate and I’m happy overall. I have a nitro z21 verado w 8” Manual slidemaster

What i I do want to ask is this. Currently I’m happily running a fury 24p 3. Fixed height from factory running 72-74 at 6100-6200 and 77 super light 6450 rpms. (Verado wot range 5800-6400) I really want to try the 4 blade fury. I am assuming I will need to stay same pitch and if anything increase to 25? As you all know that plate is a bear to adjust esp w a Verado. From what I’ve read 4 blades need to be raised... anyone run a fury 3 and 4. Same height with decent results? I honestly don’t want to keep raising and lowering depending which prop I have. Also because I have a transducer saver bracket for transducer to jack and would have to keep drilling for that as well.

Besides height, can a prop be worked on to
    give similar results as raising a plate a little? Of course won’t be as good as raising but a small compromise is okay if I can keep same height and just simply swap props. Thanks fellas!
    Sounds like you should just leave it alone. You won't be able to "squeeze everything I can out of it", with the unwillingness to adjust the motor height based on YOUR boat and how YOU load it. The factory height is just a cover all bases height, and is not the optimum setting.

I'm just shooting it to you straight......

5. Member
    I've ran both and the fury 4 is better in every aspect. Had to raise mine 3/4 and loaded it's faster for sure.
    2010 NITRO Z7