Thread: Ultrex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrex

any body have a36 volt ultrex on a Stroker if so how do you like it wanting something with spot lock

2. Member
    I have a terrova and really like it for the smaller footprint. The spot lock is the cats meow and makes life so much easier. The new owner of Calvin’s old Stroker put an ultrex on it and seems to enjoy it.

3. Member
    Is your a 24 or 36 volt

4. Member
    24v with Duracell agm group 31’s from Sam’s. The batteries have no problem keeping me on the water all day.

5. Member
    But to be fair I haven’t tried it below the dam yet but I’m sure I could stay most if not all day without issue.

6. Member
    Wanting to go 36 but really don't want to add 4 th battery can you use the motor battery for the 36 or will I have to add a 4 th bettery

7. Member
    Im the one with Calvins old boat. I have 24v on it im not sure how i lived without it. I dont fish tournaments but for where im at 80lb was enough. I didnt mess with getting link because I wont be following contour lines. I will never own another trolling motor without spot lock. First time you need to retie in the wind and use spotlock you will be in love.

8. RIP -April 30,2023
    center mounted. its a BBAADDD mofo

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tdparrish View Post
    Wanting to go 36 but really don't want to add 4 th battery can you use the motor battery for the 36 or will I have to add a 4 th bettery
    Im running a 36v fortrex with 3 batteries. No issues so far. I do plan on purchasing a small jump start box just Incase to carry on days I know the batteries could get low. My batteries are ones I’ve bought from advance auto everytime they run a 20% off sale. Normally get there biggest battery for about 75$ after core exchange

10. Member
    Me and my son fish one tournament a month I have run out of battery's before I fish the river the rest of the time with my wife cat fishing in heavy current at times

I run a 36V with 4 batteries, Actually works out well for me as I have 3 group 27 batteries on the port side (offset my weight and balance the boat) and a 29 on the starboard for my engine. I fish the rivers up here in the summer and need the extra power and I'm not as concerned about getting every last mph out of mine.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

12. Member
    Will I have to run new wires for the 36 volt or can I use the wires from the 24 volt

13. Member
    Will I have to run new wires for the 36 volt or can I use the wires from the 24 volt
    I used the wires from my 24v but I had to only use one set. I ran jumpers from pos to neg in a cycle so my out side batteries had a nev and a pos. I hooked my trolling motor wires to there. I also hooked up everything else including my motor to my center battery

14. Member
    I ran my cranking battery as my 3rd batt on a 36V system for 7 years. I do 15+ tournaments a year, Never had a issue. I carry a lithium battery booster pack with me but never had to use it.

I would switch my cranking battery for a group 31 deep cycle.

I have yet to hear one person say they didn;t like there altrex.

15. Member
    Thanks I will probably try it without the fourth battery if it gives me problems I will add another one Gona order it this week

16. Member
    Thanks I will probably try it without the fourth battery if it gives me problems I will add another one Gona order it this week
    Yesterday my batteries got to low to start my motor. On the plus side while trolling back to the truck I caught this ol girl.

Attached Images Attached Images

17. Member
    That's a nice fish like the colors of your boat

18. Member
    It was meant for your batteries to go low because God had that fish waiting for you while you trolled back to the dock.

19. Member
    Gary I like the way you think lol

20. Member
    I have one on mine and love it. Spot lock is great.
    Mark
    STROKER/300X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast