Minn Kota Ultrex--Shaft Length

Ordered a 52" shaft on the Ultrex for my new 2018 Puma FTD. Had read some comments about the longer shaft obstructing the rod box lid.
    Frankly, it does prevent the box from opening completely, but not to the point that you cannot remove or stow rods. Does not bother me, and I prefer
    the longer shaft for open water fishing. Prop always in the water.

I just put rods I think I will likely use in the starboard rod box, and my extras or "maybe's" in the port side.

No issues for me.

And, for those wondering--the Ultrex is everything it has been reported to be. The foot pedal is easy to get used to, as far as cable type feel, and the Spot Lock is beyond my wildest expectations. Just an amazing tool. Worth he investment.

Whitten

2. Member
    The ultrex is the best thing to come along in a long time. Love mine also. And I have no issues with my 45” coming out of the water. Even with 2 fishing off the back deck, holding in 15mph winds.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdwhitten View Post
    Ordered a 52" shaft on the Ultrex for my new 2018 Puma FTD. Had read some comments about the longer shaft obstructing the rod box lid.
    Frankly, it does prevent the box from opening completely, but not to the point that you cannot remove or stow rods. Does not bother me, and I prefer
    the longer shaft for open water fishing. Prop always in the water.

I just put rods I think I will likely use in the starboard rod box, and my extras or "maybe's" in the port side.

No issues for me.

And, for those wondering--the Ultrex is everything it has been reported to be. The foot pedal is easy to get used to, as far as cable type feel, and the Spot Lock is beyond my wildest expectations. Just an amazing tool. Worth he investment.

Whitten
    And yet another Motorguide die hard converts. congrats Mike.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]