Water Pressure Gauge Questions

I recently installed a Mercmonitor on my 90 ELPT 4S L4NA S/N 2B074374. I already had a water pressure gauge on the console and want to keep it for redundancy if no issues:

1. Can I simply tee into the new 5/32" OD tubing line that I installed for the Mercmonitor conversion kit so I can read both from the monitor and on the original gauge?
    2. Do I need to purge air out of the lines as I know water and air compress differently and it seems air in the lines could affect the gauge reading?
    3. What would be an expected "normal" water pressure reading range for this motor (idle to WOT)?

Many Thanks for any advice,

Kenny

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Kenny:

You can certainly "tee" to permit both Analog and Digital.

Do NOT purge air from lines (we WANT air in them).

At idle, you'll usually see 1-3 psi (minimum).

At WOT, 10 psi MINIMUM (may be considerably higher, depending on boat speed).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Perfect!

Many Thanks Don!