Thread: Brand new Zx250

Banned

Brand new Zx250

Very excited about my new boat. Made the switch last week from ranger to skeeter. Went with the zx250 option A. Beautiful boat, love every thing about it I’m still in break in mode with around 8 hrs on the motor only thing I don’t like about the boat is the storage the rod box’s are very Awkward and just plain stupid but that’s my opinion,it’s going to take me some time to hopefully get used to .Kinda makes no since. But other than that very happy and pleased boat rides great. I did reach speeds of 70.1 after break in mode with stock factory prop what speeds should she run?

2. Member
    I have a 2015 ZX 250. It will run 70 loaded with 2 people and 72-73 solo with the stock prop and jackplate on 7 dots (factory set up). That is with all the tackle it will hold, dual poles, dual consoles and 1/2 tank of gas. Flash the ECU and it will be 75 loaded with 2 people. Solo it will be 77-78. To be optimal after the flash you will have to have the 25 T-1 it came with blueprinted and add extra cup. Croxton did my prop work. Oh and congratulations on the boat! I love mine.

3. Member
    Its a 72-73 mph boat. Of course some will run 75+ and other will barely break 70.

4. Member
    I’d bet once you use that deck storage a bit more, you will find you like it. It took a month or two for me, but now I really like it. Also, put rod socks on your rods and they won’t tangle.

5. Member
    What was your main reason to choose Skeeter over the Ranger if you don’t mind?

6. Banned
    Reason I made the switch was contingency awards. In SC we have skeeter tournament trailed that pay out really big. Since 2014 I would have made almost $40k moor Fishing out of a skeeter. Ranger only pays $2k which I collected once. And they really only take care of the costa and tour guys. Still love the ranger boats very well made product but there contingency awards just straitbout suck unless you fish at a pro level. And to win that ranger bucks of only $2k you have to win. In CBC or boating Atlanta trail you win $7k as long as you are the highest skeeter finisher.. that’s why I made the switch and I’m very pleased with the ride as well as skeeter product.

7. Member
    Wow! That is a lot of jack! Good reason to switch. And you must be a purdygood fisherman.

8. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Yeah that 40K would go a long way to paying for your next boat!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

9. Banned
    Just on the local lakes Hartwell clarkshill keowee. Those other lakes kicks my but. Lol

Congrats on the new Skeeter!

11. Member
    What break in direction did you get?
    any other tips. I pick up my ZX 250 this week.
    I can’t wait.

12. Banned
    1st under 2k rpms 2nd hr. Under 4K.3rd how ever but not to run at full throttle for moor than 5 mins. I ran here about 45/5k for 5 or so min. Then opened here up for a few mins then back and forth till I got 10hrs. Yesterday was the 1st day I ran here like she is meant to be ran. Hit 71.9 very pleased with the ride and performance. Just hate that dam rod box’s.. congrats on the new rig!

13. Member
    Check your oil level....see if you got your rings seated...if your oil level is over full your rings may not be seated well enough yet...this is a common issue with the "monster" SHO break in...congrats! ever fish Lake Richard B Russell? It a beautiful lake with little or almost no boat traffic....its a tough one to master though...it seems to be either hot or cold...and not much in between...I fish it on average of 3 weekends a month...have a camper that is "almost permanent" at Sunset Ridge Campgrounds 2 minutes from Beaver Dam Creek ramp..The boating Atlanta trail hit it once a year I believe...I bought my Skeeter from them...nice dealership! I came out of a 21' Legend...and love my Skeeter!

14. Member
    Thanks for the info. I will have to work to get 10 hours on it but I am willing to try.
    i can’t wait to get it on the water.

15. Banned
    EDW yes fish it a good bit russle is a Great Lake. I will have to check on the oil thanks for the tip! Beratta your going to live it great boat awesome dry ride was in 2fters the other day no problem at all rides way better than my ranger z520 ����

16. Member
    Wow! Strong words that mean a lot to me.
    What is your set up with mounting and prop?
    71 to me is unknown territory as fastest I have been is 50+ in Dad’s boat some 45 years ago.
    Any tips on new boat driving appreciated.
    Your posts have given me athe confidence I made the right choice.
    Thanks

17. Banned
    Bearetta wvery thing right now is stock set up I have a atlas hydrolic in order and went with the fortrax instead of the ultrax. Adding a bird next to the lowrance on console and adding a 12 and doing away with the 9 up front. The boat likes to ride high at high speeds really high. I’m not sure what kind of boat your coming out of but compared to the ranger it’s a total different beast. I was told that the boat on sharp turns kinda fish tails but I have not seen any of that at all. Oh and I have purchased a spare prop same as the stock one. I’m averaging around 3.8mpg on dual as well almost a 2mpg gain from my old boat ����

18. Member
    Sounds great and info appreciated.
    i am coming out of a kayak, canoe and river raft
    30 years since my last 16.5’ Skeeter.

”on dual”?
    i will be interested in your info on jack plate switch. I have the manual and decided to try it for a while before I make the upgrade.
    i thought about buying a different pitch spare prop after break-in so I would be interested in your thoughts.