X19 175 SHO Yamaha performance sheet

So I’ve been working on setting up my new x19 and have been Looking at the Yamaha performance sheet for this boat and motor combo. There are two out there, both are running 2 people and a loaded boat it seems with a 10” jackplate. Looking at the engine height I’m curious if others think this is right. It says the ventilation plate is 5 3/4 above the bottom of the boat. If you measure the ventilation plate to the center of the prop shaft you get 8”, so doing the math that means the prop to pad (ptp) is at 2 1/4”....that’s seems really high from what I have seen around the xpress forums as typically 3.5 ptp is recommended. Yet, the performance with their test seems solid, pushing 64 mph with a 23p SHO prop. I’m not getting anywhere near that set at 3.5 and 3, with a 24p SHO prop. I’m thinking of going up as my water pressure was still above 20 set at 3”, I got to 58 around 5800 rpm, I can trim to 6000 rpm but no more speed and a big rouster tail. I’m thinking if water pressure is still good I could move motor up and get to 6000 without triming out as much. Thoughts on this performance sheet, does their ptp sound right?

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/ho...2015-05-09_alm

2. Member
    You are at the same place as my X19 175 SHO. Although my prop is a 23p Tempest and I'm running 61. Like you I need to slightly over trim to hit 6000 rpm. I'm going to raise mine when I get back in from work in a few days. I know the Tempest likes to run high from what I've gathered.
    2018 Express X19 Yamaha 175 VMAX SHO

3. Member
    My x19 175 sho ran better at 3 3/4 stock tempest 63 .when it was higher I could not get all use out of my trim .I had a 23 Tempest worked its not a fast .but performs great .I had a 24 Tempest balanced and blue printed ran 66 gps with me and my wife .Heavy load and hot weather killed the rpms. X19 are hardest Boat to set up that I have had .61 gps now performs great.Just going to fish.I think the 175 sho is a little weak on performance.