Need help with my set up 18 20 trx

Need some help with my setup I have a brand new boat and had it out new from the dealer they added the new poles and I think they put the motor back on in the wrong holes could or get the boat over 5000 rpm so I keep moving up on the jacketplate no help so I got looking and seen where the motor was and it was 2 holes away but I added a bobs hydrolic 12 in plate and no matter what you do cat get no more than 4800 rpms and 57 mph and I no it’s the setup took it out with the new bobs on it and same results but they used the same holes on the motor there is one set of holes led but any help would be appreciated thanks

2. Member
    12" plate is too big for starters......get a 10" plate.

3. Member
    Triton installs 10'' jack plates on there boats. The engine needs to be mounted in the third hole on the jack plate. You are probably too low on the transom.

4. Banned
    3rd hole on motor. I had Triton set my jack plate at the Nashville Corp office. I can measure the PTP. With me, full tank of gas, and the ton of tackle I carry, I run 73.5 GPS.
    If I took some tackle out and lost weight, I would hit 75-76 mph easy! Mine run goods but doesn't turn enough RPM's for my liking. 25 fury 3 blade. 5600-5700 rmp's.

5. Member
    It is pretty easy the way the boat is designed, 10'' jack plate, 3 hole on the engine to the jack plate, and the plate all the way up, give or take 1/2 inch.

6. Member
    I talked to rich at hydrilla gear and he recommended the 12 “ or I would have got the 10 but I found out today that the motor was only getting 78% throttle the hot foot was not set right so maybe that will help we’ll see thanks for the help guys

That will definitely make a difference
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

8. Member
    Triton installs 10'' plates on the 19, 20, 21, and 22TRX