Thread: Night Fishing

Night Fishing

I am working on a webinar for night fishing. What are some questions that people want to know? I will be talking about mapping, baits and finding fish at night. Any other questions?

2. Banned
    Like to hear your thoughts on black lights. I personally am not giving up my floro and the feel it provides me just so I can see my line. Mono just feels like a sponge on my bottom baits. Love to hear your thoughts on that.

3. Member
    Safe navigation if you can fit it in. That scares alot of people away from fishing at night

4. Member
    Best baits to use at night? I don't have a clue where to start and would like to try it sometime

5. Member
    I night fish alot and have done so for 25 years. One big factor is moon phase. Full moon vs a dark moon/night definitely change how I fish. Might be something to cover. Another thing to cover is the logistics of boat prep, and layout of the gear. Night fishing is a good time to reduce number of rods on the deck, simplify a bit, have things prepared and in order, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by kybluediver View Post
    I night fish alot and have done so for 25 years. One big factor is moon phase. Full moon vs a dark moon/night definitely change how I fish. Might be something to cover. Another thing to cover is the logistics of boat prep, and layout of the gear. Night fishing is a good time to reduce number of rods on the deck, simplify a bit, have things prepared and in order, etc...
    Along these lines... I love night fishing in the summer. Some nights are out of control, some nights I can't buy a bite. Best nights and what affects night fishing (moon phase/weather/pressure/etc)
    2014 Ranger RT188
    Mercury Fourstroke

7. Member
    For catch5...Berkley FireLine in Flame Green. I've used it for several years now and it sticks out like a sore thumb in the blacklights. You can slow roll spinnerbaits and feel every thump too.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Noid View Post
    For catch5...Berkley FireLine in Flame Green. I've used it for several years now and it sticks out like a sore thumb in the blacklights. You can slow roll spinnerbaits and feel every thump too.
    +1. That’s what I have been using for quite a few years and you are right, glows really well, tons of feel and tough.
    Bullet 21XD, 250 PRO XS

9. Member
    Tips for keeping bugs at bay, if there is any way.

What type of cover do you key on at night?
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

How not to get ran over by the drunks is high on my list!

I would like to watch it when you have it out. Is there a place to sign up or watch for the time and date? I think the time of night that is the most productive would be good to discuss.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

13. BBC SPONSOR
    I've night fished for bass for many many years. It's made me a better day time fisherman. I throw a lot of soft stuff primarily a Texas rig of some type without a black light. I got use to feeling the bite, and not line watching. Definatly heightens your senses, and makes you better I think. It also can be an amazing time. I've had some of my best fishing trips after the sun has went down.

14. Member
    You can do the same techniques by closing your eyes during the day