Thread: More money

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

More money

How much more are bass boats going to keep going up? The average joe is getting priced right out of the game. When will it ever stop. Now nitros are over $60k

2. Banned
    As high as trucks get, boats will follow.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    As long as people continue to buy they will contiune to go up in price...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    People just need to stop buying new and force the price to come down because they aren't selling at that high price. I had a brand new 2015 GMC Sierra Denali, was 55k, the same exact truck that was built in 2018, nothing has changed except the headlights and taillights look different, it is now 65k. WHY, I wish I knew.

Just a sign our money is worth less per dollar, we should probably raise the minimum wage to 15$ so a Big Mac meal costs 16$ lol. No really don't slam on nitro. Hahaha I love mine
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Just a sign our money is worth less per dollar, we should probably raise the minimum wage to 15$ so a Big Mac meal costs 16$ lol. No really don't slam on nitro. Hahaha I love mine
    not slamming nitro I think all the boats out there look fine as hell, just traditionally the nitros was the working mans boat for years and then as soon as big Johnny
    Got his hands on ranger well the rest is history

top end bass boats will be 150k before you know it.
    Ranger Forever

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barkleyhawggitter View Post
    top end bass boats will be 150k before you know it.
    you are probably correct,but we will be the ones to blame
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

Forget boats...i need a bigger house and cant afford to get one 500 sq ft larger.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

10. Banned
    It cost what it cost... JM has very little to do with the cost of bass boats. Labor is the driving force behind the increase in cost... Heck new entries Falcon and Ballistic are just as expensive and established brands. You'd think they come in low to under cut the market but they've gotta pay the bills to keep employees and the lights on. Now Ranger, Triton, Legend, Charger and Bass Cat will have to up the pay of their employees or they'll head to Vexus, a hop, skip and a jump down the road... Dan

Now is not the time to be buying a new bass boat. Check with any economist and we are on the brink of an economical disaster. Numerous economists from the local and national levels are warning of a major financial crisis within the next 12 months. If/when this happens, I would expect some boat companies to go out of business while the larger ones will probably cut back drastically which will effect the end user price. Just my .02
    Last edited by Big dreams; 05-15-2018 at 06:06 AM. Reason: fixing spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Cabela10 View Post
    People just need to stop buying new and force the price to come down because they aren't selling at that high price. I had a brand new 2015 GMC Sierra Denali, was 55k, the same exact truck that was built in 2018, nothing has changed except the headlights and taillights look different, it is now 65k. WHY, I wish I knew.
    I doubt that if you stop buying new that the prices will come down. Also don't feel your pain for buying the Denali models. I bought a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE. Sticker was $43k. I just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE. Sticker was $48k. I only buy when they are discounted. My dealer stocks a ton of SLE models. I think sell way more of them than Denali's or base models ($40k for 2018).

As far as boats go, I plan on keeping mine as long as I can. They can price new bass boats as high as they want, boats are a luxury item.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Forget boats...i need a bigger house and cant afford to get one 500 sq ft larger.
    Most of my builders are saying costs are going up at 15 to 18% a year in comparison a bass boat is still a bargain.
    John the Garage Doorman

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    Now is not the time to be buying a new bass boat. Check with any economist and we are on the brink of an economical disaster. Numerous economists from the local and national levels are warning of a major financial crisis within the next 12 months. If/when this happens, I would expect some boat companies to go out of business while the larger ones will probably cut back drastically which will effect the end user price. Just my .02
    You need to find a new source of information.

15. Banned
    Funny guys think they should make a small fortune for doing almost nothing, yet want everyone else to make nothing when they are paying the bill. Do you want a boat made by low wage McDonald's class workers?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    As long as people continue to buy they will contiune to go up in price...
    Yep. This is the end truth here. We control the end price of basically everything but somehow we've been led to believe otherwise I guess. One year, that's all it would take, one year without buying a new boat or vehicle, house, or other non necessity and prices would plummet. I honestly think in about 3 months we would start seeing some changes but if people can hold out for atleast 6 or longer things would change. Remeber high gas prices and the one day boycotts. They lowered prices for just a one day deal. It's in our hands but we are to prideful to work together because someone always has to out do somebody.

17. Banned
    Just because I can't afford something doesn't mean it's over price or that we're being gouged...

Get off your asses and organize the boycott... Talk is cheap... Al and the BBC have made it a lot easier than in the past. There are 120,000+ members, get PM-ing. Google other bass fishing site and contact their member, you should be able to reach a couple million potential new boat buyers in a couple of weeks. Come on people, who wants to be the "chairman"???...

Oh, and by the way, you're wasting your time, bass boats are a true luxury item, you don't need them. A 12' tin boat with a paddle will catch just as many fish as a tricked out 21'er...

I look forward to hearing about your organized effort... Dan

18. #FRB
    Makes a wide jon boat with 40hp tiller motor and custom home built interior look better and better. I've caught a ton of fish out of one over the years!
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

19. Member
    IMO, flipping boats every 2-5 years just to get the latest "game changer" is ridiculous. My Ranger is 13 years old and I think it is every bit as nice as one rolling off the line today. I bought it new in 2005 and have changed electronics a couple of times, but that's it. The best used boat is the one that you own free and clear and know inside and out.

20. Member
    Inflation marches forward. Wages maybe so maybe not. Manufactures respond to demand and as long as "the market" demands boats with increasing size, horsepower and high end features they will keep producing them.
    Like trucks, folks are using financing to fuel the escalation of pricing. Example: What was the typical new car loan term twenty years ago versus today? Many are using debt to maintain the lifestyle and this tends to promote higher end products. Back in the day, our grandparents purchased cars and boats based on the "utility" the item would offer, now it appears that image has gained greater importance. Unless it is your first boat, only buy what you are willing to pay cash for. That will slow the price creep.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast