How to question?

Got my new 18 FX21LE a couple months ago fished my third tournament this past weekend out of her. By myself I had it in some rough water and she performed awesome. Hole shot and everything is spot on. I have a Atlas jackplate and the 25 T-2 prop. But when I get my partner all his gear and the live wells full she is a slug out of the hole and it’s hard to get her nose down when the water is rough. This is my first boat with hydraulic jack plate so new to it. Any ideas or help would be nice. Thanks for your help

2. Member
    Try putting the plate all the way up on holeshot and bringing it down as it jumps up. All boats will get slower once you ads a real tourney load. Sometimes a pitch lower prop will do the trick. Some people have 2 props for different loads or weather situations.

3. Member
    Funny, no matter the load on my 15 ZX250 it rockets out of the hole. I don't have a hydro plate though so your Hydro plate setting must be the problem.

4. Member
    Advance the hotfoot smoothly. I got a hydro plate. Not much difference where you put it as long as it grabs at break over. The VMAX props do better with a higher setting on the jack plate.

5. Member
    Mash the hotfoot down and hold on!

6. Member
    check your oil and see if your making oil.

7. Member
    I have the same issue with my new ZX200. See my post from a few weeks back. I'm not sure about the FX but the newer ZX models have the motor mounted higher now and the prop is lower pitch. Mine is a beast to drive in rough water with the same kind of load as yours. I know some of it is learning to drive this boat but it's very frustrating. Mine is going for its 20 hour service tomorrow and I may have them lower the Jack plate 1/4" to see if that helps. Good luck with yours
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Mine is a little slower coming out with a full livewell and a second person but it still hops up...I think I have mine around the bottom of the 5th or 6th dot...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

What is the number on your Atlas gauge when you are trying to get up on plane and have the nose break over? 1 is all the way down 20 is all the way up on the Atlas.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter185 View Post
    What is the number on your Atlas gauge when you are trying to get up on plane and have the nose break over? 1 is all the way down 20 is all the way up on the Atlas.
    When I’m by myself 11 seems to the perfect setting which reads 3 1/2 or so. When I go any higher by myself she wants to blow out on take off. Ran it at 5 to 8 with my partner. Guess I need to go higher than 11 and see what she does

I have the same boat as you and I don't seem to have this problem. Full tournament load and partner and full of fuel and livewells full she still gets up on plane pretty quick. With my atlas gauge at 10 I'm at 2.5" PTP. I don't know how much of a load you are caring but something seems off. I usually run between 9 and 12 on the atlas gauge depending on load. This boat has a lot more lift than my ZX had.
    2018 Skeeter FX21 LE Ox Blood

12. Member
    I run mine at about 11-12 on my atlas which puts me at 2.5". Holeshot for me seems unaffected with load or not running a 25 t-1.
    Last edited by waknbass; 05-16-2018 at 02:02 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlefty3 View Post
    I have the same boat as you and I don't seem to have this problem. Full tournament load and partner and full of fuel and livewells full she still gets up on plane pretty quick. With my atlas gauge at 10 I'm at 2.5" PTP. I don't know how much of a load you are caring but something seems off. I usually run between 9 and 12 on the atlas gauge depending on load. This boat has a lot more lift than my ZX had.
    that is weird at 10 mine is at 3.25 to 3.5 area. Nite and day difference with my partner in the boat. He is a little guy maybe 175 too

Yeah you're motor might be mounted in a different hole than mine. I'm 215 and my partner is probably 220. I have a 25 T-2. Solo with 1/2 tank of fuel and the livewells empty I've hit 76.2, with partner and everything full 71-72.
    2018 Skeeter FX21 LE Ox Blood

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlefty3 View Post
    Yeah you're motor might be mounted in a different hole than mine. I'm 215 and my partner is probably 220. I have a 25 T-2. Solo with 1/2 tank of fuel and the livewells empty I've hit 76.2, with partner and everything full 71-72.
    Mine is mounted 3rd one down from the top.