Banned

Wire and Cable Sleeve Replacement

Anyone use woven wire protector to replace to original cable and wire sleeve? Mines detached from the head and it’s annoying. How much of a chore is it to take everything loose from the pedal?

2. Member
    It is easier to remove the wiring and steer cables from the head then the foot pedal.

3. Member
    If you did that wouldn't it allow water to get into the head and eventually into the motor?? I see that as possibly a BIG problem. I am surprised MinnKota hasn't come up with a better design for the wire jacket. My new (7 months) Ultrex wire jacket is completely broken at the head. I want to take it in for replacement, but I know it will just happen again!!!

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Hagins View Post
    If you did that wouldn't it allow water to get into the head and eventually into the motor?? I see that as possibly a BIG problem. I am surprised MinnKota hasn't come up with a better design for the wire jacket. My new (7 months) Ultrex wire jacket is completely broken at the head. I want to take it in for replacement, but I know it will just happen again!!!

John
    I guess if you left the head off.

5. Banned
    Is the head water tight anyways? I would think water would get in the directional arrow in a rain.

Not the ones I've had apart.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Not the ones I've had apart.
    So would you see an issue with the braided cable jackets?

IMO--the only downside I can see-- it's more permeable than the original. If it was me and it spends most of the time under some type of cover.. I would do it.