Chataqua tips please

Hey all. I'll be fishing Chataqua June 3rd-9th. I would really appreciate any tips or tricks you give me! Never been there but can't wait! Appreciate any help!

2. Member
    A lot of dock fishing. Smallies are difficult to locate. I prefer the north side of the lake. Tons of small perch.

3. Member
    Weightless Flukes in shallow water are great early season. I got my PB last year. Try top water, I like chug bugs and devil horses. Worms and Flukes on docks always work. Through early June, I fish really really shallow. If it is calm, slow down and do some sight fishing. Throw a jig to ones you see. You will also see walleye, gar and Muskie up in that shallow water early season. Throwing a white swim jig over growing weeds can be great as well. Just don't forget about that real shallow stuff. Been a late cold spring this year.

Dont forget about Lake Erie. Fishing out of nearby Barcelona Harbor can be a great alternative if the wind allows.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

I was up second week of June last year. Fishing Erie out of Barcelona was Terrible!! Spent most of our time at Chatauqua. I really did the best on lower end , just below the bridge. launched at State Park. I found that it was best to avoid the grass with the pond weed blooms on the surface. Seemed to bloom overnight and fish relocated right away it appeared. You will see the slime on the surface. Find the clean flowing type grass , without the blooms. Plenty fish to be caught flipping docks and skipping senkos into the slips. We averaged 25-30 fish a day most days. The north end really didnt produce at all for us. Erie was the dead sea at Dunkirk. I wont make that mistake again. Fished there to avoid crowds at PIB.
    Last edited by KHNC; 05-31-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!