Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sweet!
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

2. Member
    Nice ride!!!

Looks very nice! I have yet to ride in a 198. Curious to know what difference the hull makes in rough water.

4. Member
    WOW! Looks sweet!

Beautiful boat....I like it a lot. I do have a question...why do people put the Talon on the driver's side of the boat? Ranger installs them there too. It would seem to me that the balance of the boat running on the pad would be better with the weight on the other side. Just curious. Nice boat and good clean color.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

6. Member
    Nice!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    Beautiful boat....I like it a lot. I do have a question...why do people put the Talon on the driver's side of the boat? Ranger installs them there too. It would seem to me that the balance of the boat running on the pad would be better with the weight on the other side. Just curious. Nice boat and good clean color.
    only thing I could think of is that they mount the boarding ladder on the port side of the boat...no pole on that side = no obstruction for anyone needing to use the boarding ladder. Just a guess!
    2018 Ranger RT198P
    Mercury 150 4-Stroke

8. Member
    Nice looking Ranger!

Welcome to the Tin Family!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

sweet. love the colors.

10. Member
    I have wondered that as well but as mentioned it might be for their ladder positioning.

I was considering a Talon for mine but after hearing how much heavier they are I am doing some more research, contemplating, and soul searching on which to get.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDozer66 View Post
    I have wondered that as well but as mentioned it might be for their ladder positioning.

I was considering a Talon for mine but after hearing how much heavier they are I am doing some more research, contemplating, and soul searching on which to get.
    There is a member here that has two Talons on his RT188. We sat both his and mine side b side on the water one morning. I don't have anything on the back of mine. I bet there wasn't an inch of difference on how far down both boats sat in the water. Neither of us, nor the guy with me could see any difference in draft. Outside of warranty issue, Ranger says one 6' Sportsman Power Pole from what I was told on our 188's if you want the Talon don't let the weight bother you.

12. Member
    Thanks for the kind words Looking forward to really testing the boat out, yesterday was a short test run on a shallow body of water so i couldn't really get on her.

Only thing that didn't work was the psi gauge, have to get that looked at!

13. Member
    In my case the Talon was mounted on that side because my old boat had a boarding ladder on the left side and had the brackets for that side.

14. Member
    Good looking rig for sure.

15. Member
    congrats, enjoy

I'm not that educated on Talon's, but I would think that they would some type of sandwich bracket like they do for the power poles. Here is a picture of my rig with dual power poles & a boarding ladder on the port side of the rig. No obstructions at all between the two at all.

Attached Images Attached Images

Really nice rig.

Mystified to on why it’s on the Star board side instead of port side because the OP doesn’t have the boarding ladder. But is using the sandwich bracket.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

18. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Congrats on your new rig!!!!!
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

19. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    I have two Talons that I move between both my boats but but sometimes I only put one on and when I do that I have it on the port side. Makes the ladder useless but I'd rather have a balanced boat. If I fall out, I'll get back in hanging off the back of the motor and using the trim. However, in the late fall when the water is really cold, the smallies are really fat and really deep, there is no need for the Talons so I remove the part of the Talon bracket that interferes with the ladder.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Really nice rig.

Mystified to on why it’s on the Star board side instead of port side because the OP doesn’t have the boarding ladder. But is using the sandwich bracket.
    Talon and bracket was taken from my boat i traded in. The old boat had a ladder on that side!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast