St. Louis information please.

My son just graduated college and has accepted a job with Boeing in St. Louis. Where would be a good area for him to start his apartment search? Living in Wichita, we want to try to cut the search down before getting there. They want him to report in early June. Thanks.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

2. Member

USA

Boeing's HR dept. should be able to help. But I would want easy access to work. If he is working at the headquarters, any place along hwy. 270 on the West side of the highway. Areas around Olive street rd. on the West side or in St. Charles MO ( across the Missouri River along hwy. 70 if he works a the St. Charles plant or headquarters. Do a Google Earth search and look for apartment complexes. I would stay away from anything East or North of hwy. 270 or hwy. 70. Those are older not as desirable neighborhoods. I have a great niece going to school up near Chicago, and I did a crime activity search online to see the safer areas. I'm sure you could do the same.

I know what he is going through. I moved to New Orleans in Jan. 1981, and they sent me a map of the city that stopped about 8 miles from where I needed to go. I got lost, and ended up going through the French Quarter pulling a 1975 Hydr-Sport. I doubt that there have been a lot of people that have towed a bass boat through the French Quarter.

3. Member
    I agree with the post above. Look at Maryland Heights & Creve Coeur areas east of the Missouri River and St. Charles, St Peters or O'Fallon west of the Missouri River.

4. Member
    Maryland Heights and St. Charles City have more of the night life the youngsters like! At least I did!

5. Member
    I also agree on the above. He will like west port plaza for night life too.

6. Member
    Congratulations to your son, I sent you a PM.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

7. Member
    Thank you. PM returned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    Congratulations to your son, I sent you a PM.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Maryland Heights and St. Charles City have more of the night life the youngsters like! At least I did!
    I live in Maryland Heights, MO. Lots of good apartments.

Congrats to your son and I’d show him around the area a bit if he would like.