Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

What happened up there.

Our club was there 2 weeks ago. Hundreds of boats with guys posting about 100-200 fish a day. Some guy caught a 9 + pounder when we were there. Heard about it at one of the bait stores. We all did really well. We even went to the river and caught some walleye to bring home. Now I see very few reports. Did they spawn and head back out to the lake. Glad we were there when we did. See ya'all next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Our club was there 2 weeks ago. Hundreds of boats with guys posting about 100-200 fish a day. Some guy caught a 9 + pounder when we were there. Heard about it at one of the bait stores. We all did really well. We even went to the river and caught some walleye to bring home. Now I see very few reports. Did they spawn and head back out to the lake. Glad we were there when we did. See ya'all next year.
    Which lake?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jessemyers View Post
    Which lake?
    I believe he is talking about St Clair. I heard of a 9# Smallie being caught there. I’ll be up there in a few weeks. Fishing should be awesome as usual. Can’t hardly wait.

4. Member
    Heavy wind, rain and dirty water along with a big cold front is what happened.

5. Banned
    We fished Lake St Clair. Launched at 9 Mile and Harley Ensign. The bait shop on Jefferson on the way to Harley was very helpful. We will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    Heavy wind, rain and dirty water along with a big cold front is what happened.
    ^^ this ^^

Or maybe all those 9-10 pounders chased off the smaller ones.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

We fished Lake St Clair. Launched at 9 Mile and Harley Ensign. The bait shop on Jefferson on the way to Harley was very helpful. We will be back.
    All the basses in St. Clair got caught this year already. I recommend checking back in 2019

Actually the fishing is still pretty good. Last Thursday night caught 3 over 5 lbs after work in a couple hours. Went out Sunday and caught a lot of fish, but no big ones. Top 5 went 18 1/4 lbs. Water on mile Rds is surprising clear given the Biblical rains recently. Water Temp about 60 on Sunday.

If you saw a picture of that 9 lber, you would know it was really an 11 lber
    At least we had 1987....

Those smallies will be eating for months....."back out to the lake".....thats funny stuff :) Where did you catch them before?
    At least we had 1987....

10. Member
    How is the construction on the roads around Detroit? Last year heading back to Ohio I had a detour over a half hour.
    thanks

11. Member
    Same as last year if not worse. 75 southbound is still closed.

12. Smallmouth Junkie!
    696 westbound between I75 and I94 Is completely closed. Makes everything around there extra congested.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

13. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    FAKE NEWS............

No way it was anywhere close to 9lb...

Some guy caught a 9 + pounder when we were there. Heard about it at one of the bait stores.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    FAKE NEWS............

No way it was anywhere close to 9lb...
    Are you being serious or you mocking the haters?

15. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Dead serious....

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=901774

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Are you being serious or you mocking the haters?

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

16. Member
    What makes you think it isn't real?

This is just me and my thinking here... Yes photos can be doctored, yes more pictures would be nice but I can't say what I'd do in that instance if I caught a 9 pound smallmouth. After reading all the comments last week on the thread you referenced particularly the one about him sinking his friends boat, it peaked my interest. I Googled him and voila! He's been on with Dave Mercer a few times, Pete Maina a few times, so obviously he's a pretty good angler if these guys trust him to produce. He's a pretty good musician (not my taste of music) with a record deal with Madonna's record label. According to him he received a phone call from Randy VanDam to congratulate him on the catch. Mr. VanDam holds the Ohio state record, so obviously they know each other and if he was a shady dude I can imagine that conversation would 've happened.

So why would this guy with some much to lose and nothing to gain (after all it wasn't certified) come up with this story? I know in your line of work you see stuff everyday that would contradict my thinking here I'll give you that, but I don't think for one second it's fake news. I did like that I use it all the time.

This is just my opinion, lets hear yours.

17. Member
    I have no idea who this man is, but from looking at the photo of him holding the fish, it is VERY clear to me that he is long arming the fish. If you look at how small his left arm is when compared to the 2 fingers by the fishes mouth........his fingers are HUGE! As someone mentioned above, if that fish is 9 pounds that guy must be a giant.

Looks like about a 5 3/4 to 6 1/2 pound fish to me.....which really isn't that hard to catch this time of year.

M

18. Member
    I don't know a single angler who doesn't long arm a fish. On another forum they took a photo of a 5lb 3oz I believe and the one of the 9 plus and if you were to compare the size from the dorsal fin to the tail it was obvious it's way bigger than 5 or even 6. I don't know this guy either so there's no dog in the fight I just don't understand why some are so adiment there's no way in hell he's telling the truth. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion which I respect.

19. Member
    One thing I will add is he did post a picture of the fish on a digital scale. I don't think he posted it here but it's on another forum.

Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    I don't know a single angler who doesn't long arm a fish. On another forum they took a photo of a 5lb 3oz I believe and the one of the 9 plus and if you were to compare the size from the dorsal fin to the tail it was obvious it's way bigger than 5 or even 6. I don't know this guy either so there's no dog in the fight I just don't understand why some are so adiment there's no way in hell he's telling the truth. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion which I respect.
    I think it’s due to his reputation around LSC. Perhaps. Don’t know the man myself, but have heard about his rep for years.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast