Thread: Pelicans!

Pelicans!

Maybe not anything new here, but my daughter and i saw a White American Pelican while we were out walleye fishing on Saginaw bay near pinconning yesterday. Couodnt believe my eyes as it flew over us, i knew exactly what it was, but never thought they made it up this far. A quick google search says they are seen every once in a while around the area. Absolutely huge bird! Anyone else see these?

2. Member
    Saw a bunch at sturgeon Bay once. Was like you never knew they flew north. Who knew?

3. Member
    Last year and the year before there was a group of 6 pelicans that was seen regularly near Standish.
    2016 Z520 - Mercury 250 ProXS - Bravo 1 XS

4. Member
    There was a flock of them last year on Lincoln lake in Kent county. I had to do a double take. From the news report about it, they said they were stopping while on their way to the east coast.

i almost hit one in the middle of the road in north dakota in november in the dark. think it was migrating looking for open water and it got dark and bounced off some ice trying to land (road went through a pot hole lake). Scared the ever loving s*** out of me.