Throttle Position Sensor?

1994 Merc 200 XRi serial# 0G105525

is there a way to check the throttle position sensor?

last few times out I have had some running problems with my boat.
    it will bog down when you give it gas and gets no RPM at all. flat out wide open on the pedal and I'm running about 6-7mph.
    I'm wondering if it could be a throttle position sensor?
    I'm planning on changing out all the fuel lines since I know that they are quite old and going to the new line. which could be a bit of a problem.
    but I'm wondering about the sensor also.

yesterday it did it again and right off the ramp we had to run like this for about a mile or so. I can put the motor in neutral and it will rev up just fine. but in gear it was still bogging.
    was wanting to get to our spot so just kept going yesterday and after a bit you could hear the motor start to pick up but was just hitting off and on and then finally cleared up and ran ok. kind of like bog bog bog hit bog bog hit bog hit then it took off.
    on the way back to the ramp at the end of the day we took off it came up on plane ok, ran for about 500 yards then bogged and shut down and died. started right back up reved in neutral fine then took off and ran fine all the way to the ramp.

anyone by chance give me some ideas to check out really need to get this fixed don't want it stranding me with the fiancé or my kids in the boat. and we have a weekend planned Memorial day this month

2. Member
    does not sound like TPS,neeed to test spark when problem is occurring , possible ECU driver loose
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    It can be checked at a dealer. Has to be set up with a meter,, no plug and play with this thing. but I doubt thats your problem.