pretty good day at Mark Twain Sunday

been a lot of years since I have been to Twain. took the Fiancé up there yesterday for mothers day to do some crappie fishing. shes never really fished for just crappie and I am not the best at it by far but if you can catch crappie anywhere it will be Twain.
    had a bit of a problem with the boat(typical my luck) had a brake caliper on the boat shear a bolt off at some point, think its been gone for a while and the other bolt fell out on the way up. so we pull in to Hobbie Hut tackle and I got a noise and thought it was just a brake dragging. buy a few things at the store and check out the alligator and head to spalding ramp. get up there get the boat ready and start to back in the water and I see in the mirror the caliper floating around. come to find out later that its just fell off.
    get the boat in the water and take off and its bogging down and not running right at all. takes it a bit to start to run right and we get to a small spot up in Indian and start fishing. now ill say I have never been really good at crappie fishing but have always wanted to learn more. fin this little cut in the bank and start fishing it and catch a nice one by a stump about 3' off the bank. 4 hours later in the same small cut we both caught our limit of fish. and most of them nice size 9"-11" fish. we had a blast. for a bit it was one fish after another cast for cast.
    managed to get back home after going to see my mother to give her mothers day gifts to her and show her the fish. then its 2 hours at home in the sink cleaning fish. now we have a nice mess of crappie in the freezer. was definitely one of the more fun trips we have had in a long time since it was catching fish all the time. really wish I could go back this weekend

2. Banned
    Nice!! Good to hear theya re still biting. I'll prob head up Sunday for a bit

3. Member
    Wife and I went back to MT yesterday and the bass were tough. We did end up catching two nice crappie (one on a spinner and other on a wacky) but two aren't worth cleaning.

Best fish was a 4lb channel I caught on the wacky. She didn't even spin or roll so I thought I had a decent one on but had a good laugh.

Luke take it from me. If you are thinking of getting a new boat due it before you get married. Once you have a joint account it will be completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by cire06 View Post
    Wife and I went back to MT yesterday and the bass were tough. We did end up catching two nice crappie (one on a spinner and other on a wacky) but two aren't worth cleaning.

Best fish was a 4lb channel I caught on the wacky. She didn't even spin or roll so I thought I had a decent one on but had a good laugh.

Luke take it from me. If you are thinking of getting a new boat due it before you get married. Once you have a joint account it will be completely different.
    man I don't know what I'm gonna do about the boat yet. seems like every time I take it out I'm fixing something.
    and as far as the joint account we are already there bud been together for 3 years and lived together over a year

5. Member
    Been there too. Boats can be a pain in the rear! Brakes and blow-outs suck!