High rock gun rules

Has anyone noticed the no gun signs at the landings on HR. I saw them at Buddle Creek and Flat Swamp landings. I haven't been to Badin or Tuckertown lately and wonder if they have then there also.
    A mistake on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part.

2. Banned
    I think I remember seeing them there before. May be something new but I think they have been there for awhile. I know I never really paid any attention to them and that a lot of duck hunters put in at those ramps also.

Maybe I never noticed . I look for these signs now because I have my CC but really didn't think about the duck hunters

You should be fine from any NC Wildlife ramp with a permit. Army Corps of engineer lakes are off limits though for CC I believe.

The two landings I talked about were built buy Aloca and now owned by Cube Hydro Carolinas So does this mean the lake is off limits for CC. I talked to the Army Corps of engineer at a boat show and yes their lake are gun free. I asked about if I carried to the lake and locked the gun up before getting to the ramp was I safe and the answer was no not at this time.
    Last edited by wstutts; 05-16-2018 at 07:22 AM.

6. Banned
    I know somebody or should I say I have heard of people that might keep their shotguns in the boat during Turkey season when fishing Kerr in the spring to hunt the game lands that border the lake. Fried turkey is some good eating don't ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    The two landings I talked about were built buy Aloca and now owned by Cube Hydro Carolinas So does this mean the lake is off limits for CC. I talked to the Army Corps of engineer at a boat show and yes their lake are gun free. I asked about if I carried to the lake and locked the gun up before getting to the ramp was I safe and the answer was no not at this time.
    The Lake is not off limits there are wildlife ramps on High Rock. I have not noticed the signs at Buddle Creek so i am not sure what they look like like, but I do not fish High Rock much. If you are caught there and you are in violation I am pretty sure just a fine now. This is not true with the Army Corps of engineer lakes though.