hydraulic steering

want to by a kit to install hydraulic steering in a 1990 ranger 361 with a 1990 Yamaha 150 any suggestion
    Bobimo

Sea Star. I was going to go with the Bay Star and was told it was at the upper limit for a 150. The Sea Star was not too difficult to install but i am so glad i got it over the Bay Star.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sanannbassman View Post
    Sea Star. I was going to go with the Bay Star and was told it was at the upper limit for a 150. The Sea Star was not too difficult to install but i am so glad i got it over the Bay Star.
    This ^^^. 12 years on mine. Finally had to replace seals at outboard. Sea Star is smooth and reliable.

4. Member
    thanks I was looking for a kit number

I replaced my dual cable steer on my 1990 Ranger 362 with a ProV 150 about ten years ago with a Sea Star system. I don't remember if kits were available. There is basically 4 components, steering helm pump, cylinder, hoses and hydraulic fluid. Sea Star's website will help you choose the right pump and steering cylinder for your Yamaha. I have a 10 inch jack plate so I had to account for a little more length in the hoses. Doing it again, I would spring for the tilt helm. Did it all myself over a cold winter month. Had a buddy help me bleed the system. You won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanannbassman View Post
    I went with SeaStar on my 361V; best upgrade, by far.

Steel City Bassmasters - Granite City, Illinois