stratos 1900 center console plaining issue

My brother in law bought a TWRA boat at auction. It has a 150 merc optimax a for a motor. The motor needed work and now seems to run strong. The issue is the boat won't plane off and is blowing out. I sit in the back and watched the motor (foot) the only thing in the water is the nose and prop. The hydra fin is skimming the surface. I don't think he has enough of the lower unit in the water. I have a bass boat and haven't ever had an issue like this. We can only lower the motor 1 bolt hole for maybe an inch. Would a jack plate fix this? What size would he need? Has already put more money in the boat than he wanted to. Hope a jack plates the answer. If not any advice is welcome and appreciated!

2. Member
    Measure the height of the transom in the center down to the keel. Many center consoles require a 25" shaft motor to handle larger waves.

You might have a 20" shaft motor on a boat that requires a 25". If so, not all is lost. Bay Manufacturing makes engine extensions. I've installed a few of them, and they work great.

Best wishes.