Black and Yellow Allison

Spotted a black and yellow XB21 this past Saturday evening at Safety Harbor on Wilson. I don't know if it was anyone on here but if so, it's an awesome rig! I'm sure it handled the 10-15mph wind pushing against the current with ease, but it was rough on everybody else!

Nick

Thanks! That was me. We had just ridden 15 miles on Pickwick in some really nasty stuff. My son wanted to fish the dam but I didn’t have the energy!! I saw another Allison close to Cane Creek on Pickwick. My hand were glued to the wheel and eyes ahead and didn’t get to wave. It was black and red.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    Thanks! That was me. We had just ridden 15 miles on Pickwick in some really nasty stuff. My son wanted to fish the dam but I didn’t have the energy!! I saw another Allison close to Cane Creek on Pickwick. My hand were glued to the wheel and eyes ahead and didn’t get to wave. It was black and red.
    That other Allison was me. I saw you go by and just waved. You were riding the waves pretty darn well. I ended up running on up the lake a ways and finding a few fish.

4. Member
    When they are rolling 100k plus with a 15mph west wind, it makes for some really nasty stuff at the dam! I havent seen Mr Maxwell's boat, but I have always liked the red black combo. I dont recall ever seeing that black and yellow like you have, but it is really slick. Id love to have either of y'alls boats. I've seen a couple of them riding on Wilson and Wheeler in some real nasty stuff and am always amazed how smoothe they look to be riding....not to mention how fast they are doing it! Because of kids and work, the lake is like a long lost friend these days, but if I ever see one of you guys there again, I may just have to come take a look around if you'll let me.
    Last edited by G-ride; 05-01-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Nick

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-ride View Post
    When they are rolling 100k plus with a 15mph west wind, it makes for some really nasty stuff at the dam! I havent seen Mr Maxwell's boat, but I have always liked the red black combo. I dont recall ever seeing that black and yellow like you have, but it is really slick. Id love to have either of y'alls boats. I've seen a couple of them riding on Wilson and Wheeler in some real nasty stuff and am always amazed how smoothe they look to be riding....not to mention how fast they are doing it! Because of kids and work, the lake is like a long lost friend these days, but if I ever see one of you guys there again, I may just have to come take a look around if you'll let me.
    Nick, anytime you want to come for a ride or a drive just let me know. They are everything they are hyped up to be in rough water and then some I promise.

6. Member
    Thank you very much...I may take you up on that. Lord willing, I will be able to buy another boat one day and one of these is top on the list.

Nick

Anytime you’re welcome if you see me flag me down. My only problem in rough water is white distribution He always falls hard to the left when we come out of the water little

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1973 View Post
    Anytime you’re welcome if you see me flag me down. My only problem in rough water is white distribution He always falls hard to the left when we come out of the water little
    That is pretty normal. All 3 of my XB21's did (do) the same thing. The trick is to run at a speed and trim that allows you to bridge the waves. In the event you can't bridge them you just have to either slow down and run the gauntlet with throttle moves or live with that fall to the left. The prop causes that due to rotation. That is what I believe causes is anyway.

9. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    That is pretty normal. All 3 of my XB21's did (do) the same thing. The trick is to run at a speed and trim that allows you to bridge the waves. In the event you can't bridge them you just have to either slow down and run the gauntlet with throttle moves or live with that fall to the left. The prop causes that due to rotation. That is what I believe causes is anyway.
    I also believe the trolling motor doesn't help on the left front side either.
    Especially these new Minn-Kota's that weigh as much as a 9.9 hp Mercury.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    I also believe the trolling motor doesn't help on the left front side either.
    Especially these new Minn-Kota's that weigh as much as a 9.9 hp Mercury.
    Your probably right. They are big old weights. Good thing they are on the very front. Imagine the leverage and fall you'd have if that weight was next to the passenger seat! LOL