2011 Optimax-90hp

I’ve got a 2011 90hp Optimax on a pontoon. Last time it was run, which was about 2 months ago it ran flawless. Today when I backed it off the trailer it wouldn’t idle. Kept cutting off. This problem persisted throughout the afternoon every time I would pull it back to an idle. It would cut off. Running the boat in forward it would not turn up over 4200 rpms and was slow to get there. Ran it for a few hours hoping it was bad fuel or something and it would eventually clear up and run. I did notice in reverse that the rpms will turn up like it’s supposed to do. Why in forward will it not turn up? I took the cowl off and looked while my daughter shifted it into gear. From what I can tell it should be opening by all the way up. Anyone had symptoms like this? If so, what did it end up being?

2. Member
    would have fuel system checked over closely for correct psi and air psi
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Just a follow up in case anyone else ever has these symptoms. Mine turned out to be a coil gone bad on the #3 cylinder

4. Member
    I have a 2011 90 optimax on a Lowe 17HP bass boat. The motor, knock on wood, has always run perfect but I really appreciate you taking the time to post your solution to help anyone who might run into this. Thanks!

5. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................