Question Nitro leaking issue?

A buddy of mine has a 2006 Nitro 901 CDX. He is having problems with taking on water. Looked over really good put no external signs of leaking. The leak is filling bilge area quickly. Wondering if it's a hose. He was able to check all pumps and fittings around the pumps and no signs. He was able to remove panels to access that area. Anyone had these issues or know how to access the hoses where they first inter the boat? Thanks

2. Member
    Fill up the bilge area with some water and see if you can find a leak that way. You can do the same with the livewells.

Could be a aerator pump cracked. Check the pad vent thru hull fitting. Basically while on the water look in the battery compartment for any leaks. The filling with water while on a trailer may find the leak, but certain leaks cannot be found this way.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Is his water pressure gauge still working or reading zero? I have a 2007 929 and started taking on water and couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then realized I did not have water pressure anymore. As I started checking water pressure line from motor to console gauge I found the problem. The water pressure line on my boat was a small plastic hose that had become brittle over the years and had several small cracks/breaks in it. You would be surprised how much water that was dumping and ending up in the bilge. As I followed and removed that old hose/tubing it was breaking as I touched it pull it out. Got it all out and ran new rubber hose and no more problems.

Funny had a speedo hose come off one time while running WOT.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    I'm with the guys saying fill it up while it's on the trailer.

The pumps, ALL OF THEM are either behind the panels, or beneath the battery box. Unfortunately, all the trolling motor batteries have to come out to get it out.
    I'd put enough water in it to submerge the pumps and turn off the bilge pump then see what comes out were.

When I bought mine I took the box out and cleaned it religiously everywhere I could get my pressure washer wand to go.
    Then checked all the fittings and connections. So far.... so good.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

12 Nitro Z9 DC, 4 Color Flake
    250 Pro XS, SmartCraft Gauges
    Bobs 12" w/Hole shot plate
    NightFishion HD8 rubrail, W/Nav Lights
    Oznium Red/Blue 10mm/6mm LED Bolts
    4-Channel Remote Lighting Control
    HDS Gen 3's, TotalScan, 3DSS
    Red Power Pole 10' Blades
    KVD Edition Hydrowave

7. Member
    If there is water close he can pull everything except one battery and go back it instill trapped to the trailer so it gets deep. Turn on all pumps and just look around VERY thoroughly. That's how I've found most every leak over the years

When I bought my 2015 I put the plug in tight, turns out needed another 1/3 turn to actually stop the leak, auto bilge was on a lot
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    On a previous boat I owned, I had water coming in the bilge also. Turned out it was one of the livewell drain fittings on the bottom where I couldn't see it leaking. Check both of them also!