Thread: WI lake advice

WI lake advice

Looking for a lake for a couples trip. Hope for good bass (or maybe Northerns) fishing in the mornings and good boating in the afternoon. I would take my triton 20xs for the mornings and my buddy will bring his big tri-toon for the afternoon fun. Thinking a few days between mid July and mid aug. Any lake suggestions? Will probably search VRBO once I get a few lake ideas. Thanks for any help

2. Member
    I grew up in western Wisconsin, for me Balsam Lake or Bone Lake in Polk county are hard to beat. Otherwise if you want to head toward Hayward or Spooner there’s plenty of options. Just my two cents, enjoy

LCO would be good for both.

4. Member
    Thanks Xing and Cneu! That is what I needed to get me started. Have a great Spring

5. Member
    Big St Germain Lake...lots of rental houses and resorts. Caught some nice smallies there last year on topwater in July

6. Member
    There are some really nice resorts on Namekagon, as well as on the Lac du Flambeau chain. I've always had better luck for bass on LdF.

We do a couples trip on one of those two every year the week after labor day. Combination of recreation, bass fishing, and musky fishing. Good times!
    Last edited by exx1976; 05-18-2018 at 01:16 PM.

7. Member
    Balsam is great! got some nice cabins. The St. Croix is also just 10 mi. west for some great smallmouth action!
    LEGEND ALPHA 199DCX / 225 PRO XS MERCURY