USA trailer lights issue

Hope someone can advise. Bought another truck ( 09 sierra) when i plug boat trailer up only thing works is drivers side brake light and turn signal. no other lights anywhere. Thinking truck wiring plug (factory)but not sure. Man i bought it from said he never had problem. i am using adapter from previous truck(ford) but can not see that being issue. It is hot or the 1 brake light and turn signal would not work. Never had issue with adapter on previous truck. fixing to order adapter just not sure if problem will be solved. Any advice/help appreciated. thanks

I would start by checking voltage to each of the pins on the truck 7 way plug.  I would guess that some fuses in the truck are blown or missing. Your under-hood fuse box on the truck may not be exactly the same as the pictures, but should look something like this: Each of the trailer circuits are fused separately from the truck circuits, i.e. TRLR Park is the tail / clearance lights, TRLR B/U is the backup lights are in the under-hood box, and the turn / Brake light circuits are on the Interior Fuse Panel - LT TRLR ST/TURN and RT;TRLR ST/TURN

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Texas Larry; 05-13-2018 at 02:06 PM.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Make sure you adapter is plugged all the way in. Sometimes it takes more push than you think.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Member
    Check all your fuses, some body could have taken them for another purpose, after all, they're just for the trailer. Try a different vehicle, if everything works it's definitely the tow vehicle.

5. Member
    If any of the 7 pins don't show volts and no blown fuse, check the connector on the truck It comes apart, hard to see, but it is two plugs. Clean those contact and apply dielectric grease.

6. Member
    thanks, guys. had to go thru every fuse in fuse box and found 2 blown. 1 of them was issue.