Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Anything holding you back from buying?

For me it's the lack of a removable passenger console. If Falcon can make that happen I'll buy today.

2. Member
    Do you mean quick attach? Because the console can be removed with just a few bolts

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tmelvin37334 View Post
    Do you mean quick attach? Because the console can be removed with just a few bolts
    I was told the passenger consoles are not removable. This is done for safety reasons, according to Falcon. When the boat is ordered the passenger console is built in.

That's kind of a deal breaker for me.

4. Member
    Garage is to small for an F205. That and 50 thousand plus George Washington’s bills.

5. Member
    They are removeable consoles. But, the factory requires the dual to be installed by the factory. You take it out after that it's on you.

6. Banned
    1. No dealer anywhere near me.

2. I've left a VM and sent a contact request to Falcon regarding purchasing a Falcon without a dealer within 200+ miles.... Zero Response.

3. Have tried a few other times to speak with someone (other than the Receptionist) at Falcon regarding purchasing a Falcon, no one was available. Seems to be a theme

4. Make sure the wife gives the thumbs up.

2 & 3 are the biggest concerns, Phoenix (my current boat) has always been easy to deal with and get a hold of someone. Not being able to get a hold of anyone is a big deal to me, particularly taking #1 into consideration. If 2 & 3 weren't an issue, #1 wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker because I have a Phoenix now, and when I bought it there wasn't a Phoenix dealer in Michigan (at least not that I was aware of). #4 The wife is normally pretty cool about new boats.... assuming I give her time to cool off...LOL

UPDATE... A fellow BBCer gave me the email of the owner. Sent another email. Still no response. Just my opinion, but if I can't get someone to respond to a sales request, what do you think the chances are someone is going to respond when you have a problem?
    Last edited by djd; 05-21-2018 at 06:19 AM.

7. Banned
    yea lack of cash

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    yea lack of cash
    Pretty much this right now!

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    They are removeable consoles. But, the factory requires the dual to be installed by the factory. You take it out after that it's on you.
    Are they only bolted, or glued as well? Is there any trim that is omitted when a console is installed? I don't want it to look like some unfinished shit with bolt holes and missing trim while the console is removed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    I was told the passenger consoles are not removable. This is done for safety reasons, according to Falcon. When the boat is ordered the passenger console is built in.

That's kind of a deal breaker for me.
    Either Brian Latimer's 205 does not have a passenger console at all or he removed it.
    Last edited by magfluker; 05-16-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

11. Member
    They can be ordered in a single console. Here is the link to Marine Outlet and you can see they have some new ones with a single console.

http://www.marineoutletoftexas.com/b...e=Bass%20Boats

12. Banned

No kidding it can be ordered as a single. I was stating that if you order a dual console, you are stuck with a dual. The passenger console is permanently affixed. That is what Falcon told me. Not sure why they'd have any reason to lie about that.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Looking at the 195 at the link above, it appears there is a box where the passenger console would be. Most all the other manufacturers that have new models in the past few years, have removable passenger consoles. Older designs still have the console molded as part of the top cap.

14. Member
    The consoles are modular, but the factory doesn't want them to be removed if they sell you a dual for liability purposes. I haven't seen one removed so I cannot verify whether there are bolts exposed or not. What I will tell you is with a single console, they put a lid and extra storage above the feet. But, if you order a dual, they don't put that lid/storage there. It's just dead space. So, even though the consoles aren't "molded" into the deck, and technically they can be removed, it isn't recommended or even suggested you try from the factory. So, if you want a dual, plan to keep the dual in. If you want to take it out, just order the single console and forget about it!

15. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by djd View Post
    1. No dealer anywhere near me.

2. I've left a VM and sent a contact request to Falcon regarding purchasing a Falcon without a dealer within 200+ miles.... Zero Response.

3. Have tried a few other times to speak with someone (other than the Receptionist) at Falcon regarding purchasing a Falcon, no one was available. Seems to be a theme

4. Make sure the wife gives the thumbs up.

2 & 3 are the biggest concerns, Phoenix (my current boat) has always been easy to deal with and get a hold of someone. Not being able to get a hold of anyone is a big deal to me, particularly taking #1 into consideration. If 2 & 3 weren't an issue, #1 wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker because I have a Phoenix now, and when I bought it there wasn't a Phoenix dealer in Michigan (at least not that I was aware of). #4 The wife is normally pretty cool about new boats.... assuming I give her time to cool off...LOL

UPDATE... A fellow BBCer gave me the email of the owner. Sent another email. Still no response. Just my opinion, but if I can't get someone to respond to a sales request, what do you think the chances are someone is going to respond when you have a problem?
    I really like what I see in terms of the boats themselves but customer service is huge to me. And you are correct, if you can't get a response when you are trying to buy one forget about getting any problems taken care of after the sale. There is a reason Phoenix is the fastest growing brand out there right now. And the lack of that reson and is why other brands die or never make it in the first place. At the end of the day customer service is #1 IMO.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

16. Member
    I have called the Falcon Factory 2 times and talked to the owner both times! Was very informative and helpful for my situation. I do not know why no one has responded and yes that’s bad customer service it’s just been different for me I guess. Sorry for your struggles I love my dual console 205 though.

17. Member
    I've called them twice to just discuss the possibility of purchase and talked to one of the owners both times. He spent lots of time on the phone with me going over some detailed questions I had that other boat manufacturers I'd never get even close to the information from. He also hooked me up with a dealer that carries my current boat brand so I can get a better trade. I hate you haven't gotten a call back but this has not been my experience at all. Give them a call again, if it was around the BMC time, I know they were tied up quite a bit.

18. Banned
    I spent a good amount of time talking with the owner at the Classic Expo. Very nice guy, very informative, never once did he try to rush our conversation. I was very impressed with the boat. So was my wife.

The people at the other manufacturer I'm looking at couldn't have cared less to talk to me. Handed us a brochure and basically blew us off. Left a bit of bad taste with me, especially when I'm planning on spending $60-70k on a new boat next year.

19. Member
    The biggest thing for me is struggling to get an email back - I will have to try and give them a call. I'm very interested in learning more about the boat and am just interested to understand more about the company behind the product.

My Biggest question for anyone on here that's owned one (and I know a large majority of this is driver/preference) but how is the rough water ride? Fishing the Great Lakes a lot, that's my biggest concern as well as finding a company that is passionate about their product and has solid customer service.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowakb View Post
    The biggest thing for me is struggling to get an email back - I will have to try and give them a call. I'm very interested in learning more about the boat and am just interested to understand more about the company behind the product.

My Biggest question for anyone on here that's owned one (and I know a large majority of this is driver/preference) but how is the rough water ride? Fishing the Great Lakes a lot, that's my biggest concern as well as finding a company that is passionate about their product and has solid customer service.

Your youtube fishing channel is one of the best. Sent you a pm.
    Last edited by Sports1; 06-22-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast