2004 TR-186 Livewell Pump out pump location

Where is the pump located that pumps out the water from the live wells?

2. Member
    In the bilge, mounted to the livewell.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    In the bilge, mounted to the livewell.
    it looks like it’s mounted on the bottom a real pain in the butt to get too

4. Banned
    Yep it hangs off the outside of the livewell in the bilge. Looking in from the outboard the pumpout is bottom left and recirc is higher on the right. PITA to work on

I found that the best way to access the live well pumps is to remove the back hatch, remove whatever is on the bilge access panel and the panel and lay across the back deck. When I replaced my pumps last year, I held the pumps in place with 3M 4200 on them while my GF started the nut from inside the live well. Was a total pain to work on.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    I found that the best way to access the live well pumps is to remove the back hatch, remove whatever is on the bilge access panel and the panel and lay across the back deck. When I replaced my pumps last year, I held the pumps in place with 3M 4200 on them while my GF started the nut from inside the live well. Was a total pain to work on.
    Thanks for the tips! What should I replace the pump with? What kind, how much GPS?

Mine had Attwood Tsunami T-800 pumps and I replaced with the same. I messed up and left water in the recirc and pump out pumps and the housings cracked during winter. I pumped RV antifreeze through them at the end of the season last year.

Mine had Attwood Tsunami T-800 pumps and I replaced with the same. I messed up and left water in the recirc and pump out pumps and the housings cracked during winter. I pumped RV antifreeze through them at the end of the season last year.

Thanks, hopefully I can just get the motor for the unit and not have to replace the entire pump

9. Member
    The Pump Out pumps are smaller than the Aerator Pumps. Pump Out pumps are around 500 GPH.

Unless mine were changed by the previous owner, there are 6 Tsunami T800 pumps for the live wells.

11. Member
    The live well pump out pump on my 2005 TR 186 is located in the bilge at the bottom of the live well. It is an Attwood Tsunami T-800 pump and the impeller and motor can be changed without removing the plumbing. Go to Attwoods website as they have a diagram showing how to remove the impeller and motor by pushing a tab and twisting the assembly.

Quote Originally Posted by cooky View Post
    The live well pump out pump on my 2005 TR 186 is located in the bilge at the bottom of the live well. It is an Attwood Tsunami T-800 pump and the impeller and motor can be changed without removing the plumbing. Go to Attwoods website as they have a diagram showing how to remove the impeller and motor by pushing a tab and twisting the assembly.
    I contacted Triton and they said that most likely there is a A750 which is a one piece unit with no removal cartridge. That being said, I haven't pulled the unit yet so I will know more once it's out. Triton also said replace with the T-800.

Quote Originally Posted by VH5150 View Post
    I contacted Triton and they said that most likely there is a A750 which is a one piece unit with no removal cartridge. That being said, I haven't pulled the unit yet so I will know more once it's out. Triton also said replace with the T-800.
    Use an extendable mirror to look at your pumps and see what make and model they are.

Use an extendable mirror to look at your pumps and see what make and model they are.
    Great idea!